6-0 start revisited??

but remember we are on the verge of an offensive explosion...and that was said before the Pitt game.

Geez...ALWAYS on the verge of the inevitable 'offensive explosion' :rolleyes: Yes, Smitty, I realize that you weren't referring to it in that way.

Until I see it opening forth before my eyes, the only 'offensive explosion' Memorial Stadium would see is if Denis Leary did standup at halftime on the 50 yard line.

Just to discuss the Texas Tech offense, the Red Raiders are not that good offensively. Yes, they have been able to put up astounding numbers against weak opponents. Yet, even aside from their pure point total, and the weakness of the teams they have been playing, it is a simple fact that their offensive playbook contains very little besides the run, run, run, LONG BOMB!!! approach to it. With a quarterback that is decent, and wide receivers that are capable of distancing themselves on the occasions when it is necessary, it is relatively easy to run up the score on an unsuspecting defense. Ours will not be an unsuspecting defense. We should be ready for that game defensively, it will be, as others have said, up to our offense to step up and play good ball. Yet, before this discussion even occurs, I would like to see what happens in Lincoln on Saturday. Then I'll give my honest appraisal of the situation. Go Huskers!!

Yet, even aside from their pure point total, and the weakness of the teams they have been playing, it is a simple fact that their offensive playbook contains very little besides the run, run, run, LONG BOMB!!! approach to it.

:huh:

That's weird, I swore that Tech throws the ball about 50 times a game and only runs it about 20 times. Tech will put up a lot of yards, it's the nature of their offense, but the way Nebraska can stop it is by completely shutting down the run and getting pressure on the quarterback. NU might give up 300 yards passing, 75 yards rushing, but if the offense takes care of the ball and the defense brings the pressure, then Tech can be beaten.

Here's anew thought..... well, for me, anyway.]

Maybe we should randomly go "WATERBOY"

as in

just take knees on offense.

This would throw the opposing defense off, and give them a 2 minute break. This might be useful, say, if we've got a lead, or if the WCD is really having a great day.

hahahaha :sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm

======

seriously,though.... that would be disgusting. I hope our offense never ever resorts to that. I'd rather see 3 straight FB dives than that. Who knows, we may get a first down that way.....

Tech's offense has not faced anyone this year so their offense is not good.

I agree they have played no one. But their offense is probably the best we will face this year and by a long long long ways. If we get to the CCG then maybe we will face better offense, be it Texas or a more experienced Texas Tech.

Nebraskas defense has not faced anyone this year so their defense is good.

You need to get your logic in line.

We will know for sure if our defense is real in that game. I have my doubts that we are going to do well against Tech, but I have been wrong before.

But if the offense can not keep the defense off the field we have no chance. This game is totally up to the offense. I have said all year we lose to Tech, I still see nothing that has changed my mind.

TT 40

Neb 27

Nameless,

I am beginning to see that as a possiblity. The defense is for real. But to win against Tech we will need the offense to give the defense a rest.

I attended the game at Lubbock last year. Actually spent 5 days there. I hope our fans treat their fans with the respect that I received there last year. I am an old Nebraska fan, and I see alot of Nebraska in the Texas Tech bunch. No respect from the Media and very little in state respect. They want to win, but do not demand it.

This is a good program with very good fans. If we have to lose a game I would rather it be this one than any other. They remind me a lot of when I attended games when Devaney walked the sidelines. Great people. You will enjoy them I would bet if you are anywhere near them.

• 2 weeks later...

5-1 on the season (almost 6-0). People thought i was crazy when i first said we have a big chance of being 6-0. Now that we are 5-1, my prediction for the remaining games on the schedule is 9-1 heading into the CU/NU showdown.

Missouri has a soft defense and the offense struggles to move the ball 9 out of 10. We all saw what a good defense (Baylor, Nebraska, Texas which are all in the top 4 of the total defense in the Big12) can do to stop them. With Missouri facing 2 of the 3 top defenses so far and losing to them, there's no reason to believe Missouri will move the ball consistantly on the NU defense. On the other hand, our offense has to play better then it has been the last 6 games, and in particularly better then it did against Tech.

Oklahoma. I won't even justify them. They have no rushing game and Bomar has more interceptions then he has touchdowns. This kid doesn't know how to read a defense and our defense is going to dominate OU's OL. We should be able to move the ball easily on OU in the third and 4th quarter. OU's defense is out of shape this year (and that's shocking). Game in Lincoln, so NU should benefit from the home crowd noise. Our fans ratteled Hodges, and i don't see Bomar having the same composure

Kansas-I think i have made my point over and over again. This will be a win. It won't be pretty, but it will be a win. Kansas is all defense and no offense

Kansas St- Tech just blew them out. Oklahoma blew them out. Kansas held them to 1 touchdown and they got the remaining points off of Kansas turnovers. Another W and it helps that the game is in Lincoln

9-1 and a North showdown to determine the Big12 North winner. I don't see CU losing again this season to the likes of Kansas, Kansas St, Missouri and Iowa St. CU might have gotton humiliated by Texas, but Texas isn't challaning for the North division crown, NU and CU are. NU has 2 home games and 2 road games remaining before the showdown. CU has the same amount of road/home games. It's safe to say that Kansas and Iowa St are out of the division mix.

So, does anyone thing my 9-1 prediction is insane? I honestly have no doubt in my mind of the 9-1 record.