Clues to Our 'new' Offense...

irieboy8

The 177-pounder was offered as a running back. Pelini shared a vision of the new direction his offense will take. There will be more spread and spread option to take advantage of rising sophomore passer Taylor Martinez. It's a step from Nebraska power football toward some of Oregon's offense.

coming from Ameer Abdullah article about his Nebraska and his recruitment........

what do we think? TM more entrenched than we thought???

The 177-pounder was offered as a running back. Pelini shared a vision of the new direction his offense will take. There will be more spread and spread option to take advantage of rising sophomore passer Taylor Martinez. It's a step from Nebraska power football toward some of Oregon's offense.

coming from Ameer Abdullah article about his Nebraska and his recruitment........

I was trying to get at that in my Bold Predictions post....I don't think TM is leaving the helm anytime soon....

In fact - I personally believe he's going to be an all time great.

• Fire 2

Hey ireieboy8 - where did this come from? I want to read it.

Check Ameer Abdullahs recruit profile in the recruiting section. I already posted this article in there.

I was trying to get at that in my Bold Predictions post....I don't think TM is leaving the helm anytime soon....

In fact - I personally believe he's going to be an all time great.

So does TO. He stated that he has the chance to be very special along the lines to TG and TF.

Check Ameer Abdullahs recruit profile in the recruiting section. I already posted this article in there.

It was also in his hometown newspaper.

I like the type of players we're recruiting and the type of offense we seem to be moving to. However, I think it would still be good to have a bruiser. For Florida and Auburn running the spread option, it was their QBs (Tebow, and Newton). It'd be good to have someone who basically guaranteed us first downs anytime we got into 3rd and 2 situations. Rex is pretty close to that, maybe he'll be that guy...

Who thought Taylor Martinez was NOT entrenched? People believe the most outlandish things sometimes.

Frankly, someone is going to have to beat him out for the starting job.

i think a lot of people thought TM starting was not a 100 percent...... i think Bo even said the QB comp. was open this year as well and taylor is gonna have to earn it again.... it could be just talk I guess but i still found it interesting

sorry to steal ya thunder aspeedlin but i really found the quote about moving in a oregon offensive based around TM kinda interesinting and wanted to give the part of the board that dont read too much of the recruiting stuff and chance to check it out.....

:thumbs

Who thought Taylor Martinez was NOT entrenched? People believe the most outlandish things sometimes.

i think a lot of people thought TM starting was not a 100 percent...... i think Bo even said the QB comp. was open this year as well and taylor is gonna have to earn it again.... it could be just talk I guess but i still found it interesting

TM's not a lock. He could get injured (knock on wood) or somebody could step up and play out of their mind in the offseason and dethrone him. But he is the frontrunner, by far, and it's nuts to expect freshmen like Carnes, Starling, or Turner to win the job this season, which is what some people think is going to happen.

TM's not a lock. He could get injured (knock on wood) or somebody could step up and play out of their mind in the offseason and dethrone him. But he is the frontrunner, by far, and it's nuts to expect freshmen like Carnes, Starling, or Turner to win the job this season, which is what some people think is going to happen.

Agree. If somebody other than Martinez is walking out taking the first snaps against Tenn-Chatt, then we are in some serious trouble this season. Quite frankly it doesnt matter who the QB is, if our offense conitunes to produce like it has the past 2 years, we will be 8-4 at best. Its Martinez's job to lose as much as I hate to say that.

Of course I thought Zac Lee was gonna be our starter in 2010, no question about it.

Agree. If somebody other than Martinez is walking out taking the first snaps against Tenn-Chatt, then we are in some serious trouble this season. Quite frankly it doesnt matter who the QB is, if our offense conitunes to produce like it has the past 2 years, we will be 8-4 at best. Its Martinez's job to lose as much as I hate to say that.

Of course I thought Zac Lee was gonna be our starter in 2010, no question about it.

I don't think we're in the midst of changing offenses this year, though. Zac Lee didn't lose his job because he's not a good QB, he lost his job because he's just not as good of a fit for the offensive system Nebraska is now running. He wasn't enough of a threat running the football for what the coaches want to do.