Basketball Recruiting

Anyone here a Nebrasketball recruiting guru? Once Nebraska lands a guy or is close to it, I'll look at him, otherwise I really don't follow it as closely as the football. I'm not an insider on any websites either so I don't get any of that info. If there is anyone here that is an insider or follows it closely, could you please discuss some of the guys NU is still looking at?

I don't know how close they have been to landing some guys, but they're at least getting some higher rated players to look this way. Nebraska was one of four schools on Aaron Thomas' final list (FSU, Cincy, Clemson, and NU). Thomas is a 4 star shooting guard (12th rated SG according to Rivals) but committed to FSU. Another 4 star, PF Jonathan Holmes, was high on NU for awhile. He had offers from Texas, aTm, Baylor, Arkansas, Florida and many others and was showing great interest in NU before finally committing to Texas. The best get would have been 5 star Ben McLemore. He's rated the number 4 SG and number 17 in Rivals Top 150 prospects. McLemore is not yet committed, but NU is pretty much out of the running.

I know none of those three guys committed, but I like the fact that they gave Nebraska a serious look. I don't know how long it will be before Doc lands one of these guys, but a couple years ago these guys weren't even looking, so evidently a little progress is being made.

One guy I really hope Nebraska can land is an in-state prospect for 2013, Akoy Agau (Small Forward, 6'7" 215). He has received offers from Creighton, NU, CO state, Marquette, New Mexico and others but has already received interest from schools like UCONN, KU, Memphis, UNC, Texas and USC. It would be great to bring him in.

I'm really hoping there is someone out there with more information, I'm very interested in knowing who Doc is looking to add to this year's class.

bballbacker, Doc better just put his focus into getting Mike Gessel from South Sioux. The guys is just a smooth stud. Oh, and the best part is he can make a 15 foot jumper in traffic or all alone. Best player in the state regardless of class.

Akoy could really develop into a freak. I can see him running off elsewhere though.

I can't say I am but I do know we are recruiting better compared to years past. This year we have 3 3* commitments and all three of them have other BCS offers. I like the direction we are going because a couple years ago we were just getting recruits who's last option was to play here because their other offers were from smaller schools or JUCO guys in which their only offer was from us. This year we are going out and snatching some pretty good players.

The one recruit I am high on is Jushiah Moore. He is a small forward with a ton of athletic ability and reminds me a bit of Toney McCray. He can shoot the ball from anywhere on the floor and has some decent strength, but might want to add some punds to his frame. I'm excited for him.

IDK about the 2011 recruiting class for Nebraska, but I was looking at the 2012 prospects on rivals and #18 (#3 SG) Archie Goodwin has Nebraska on his list. I know its a long shot because he is a 5 star player but maybe he wants to go to a Big 10 school. If he came to Nebraska we would have a great chance of getting to the NCAA tourney in a couple years.

We have 3 recruits signed LOI for 2011

PG - Corey Hilliard

SF - Josiah Moore

SF - David Rivers

Here is a video of Josiah.

still trying to find highlights of the other guys.

We apparently have similar search methods. I also found that video on Josiah but never managed to find any others, I really wanted to see what Hilliard can do since Lance will be gone next year but so far have found nothing.

We have 3 recruits signed LOI for 2011

PG - Corey Hilliard

SF - Josiah Moore

SF - David Rivers

Here is a video of Josiah.

still trying to find highlights of the other guys.

We apparently have similar search methods. I also found that video on Josiah but never managed to find any others, I really wanted to see what Hilliard can do since Lance will be gone next year but so far have found nothing.

I haven't found anything of Corey, but there is a video of David Rivers on rivals. But I do not have a membership so I couldn't get the video of him.

bballbacker, Doc better just put his focus into getting Mike Gessel from South Sioux. The guys is just a smooth stud. Oh, and the best part is he can make a 15 foot jumper in traffic or all alone. Best player in the state regardless of class.

Akoy could really develop into a freak. I can see him running off elsewhere though.

Your right Gesell is a stud and I do think we have a legit chance of getting him or at least being one of his finalist . Croft is after him as of now, not quite sure how good of a recruiter he is though.

Your right Gesell is a stud and I do think we have a legit chance of getting him or at least being one of his finalist . Croft is after him as of now, not quite sure how good of a recruiter he is though.

Yeah I was a senior at South Sioux when he was a freshman, and he was a beast then. He is only about 6'0-6'1" right now, so he might have some difficulty shooting over taller defenders, but he still has some time to grow, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...