What TO can do to be in the NEB Hall of Fame as an AD

The B1G is known for Football and for Basketball. The Big 12 is basicly FB with only Kansas as a yearly BB power with Oklahoma, Mssouri and Texas chiming in occasionally. If TO wants to go down as a Hall of Fame Athletic Director building the Husker BB program into a yearly contender in the B1G would cement it for him. This is my opinion and I'm just wondering what the rest of H.B. thinks.

T_O_B

:bigredn::bigredn::bigredn:

July 2011, The University of Nebraska joins the B1G. This is a conference in which over half of the teams are not only strong football schools but they are also strong basketball schools. At this point in time it is no longer acceptable for the Huskers to be mediocer at best in the round ball sport. Something needs to be done and I'm sorry to say it but Sadler's coaching and style of play just won't measure up in this new conference. IMHO if changes aren't made the Husker BB program will be an embarrasment to the University.

T_O_B

:bigredn:

July 2011, The University of Nebraska joins the B1G. This is a conference in which over half of the teams are not only strong football schools but they are also strong basketball schools. At this point in time it is no longer acceptable for the Huskers to be mediocer at best in the round ball sport. Something needs to be done and I'm sorry to say it but Sadler's coaching and style of play just won't measure up in this new conference. IMHO if changes aren't made the Husker BB program will be an embarrasment to the University.

T_O_B

I know that I don't follow the basketball team as much as some of the posters on this board, but I do know that we have been doing a lot better this season than we have in recent past. In fact, we just beat the #11/#13 (depending on which poll you look at) team in the country in Texas A&M this past Saturday. We were inches away from beating a good Kansas team in their house and lost a game at Tech.

We're 15-5 (3-3 in Big12), undefeated at home, and we're going into a stretch where I think we could get some wins @KSU, Kansas at home, then at an underachieving Baylor team. I don't normally get into Husker basketball, hell any kind of basketball, but you can sense a sort of energy building around the program here in Lincoln. Could be the players, or it could be Doc.

All's I know is that we've been getting some props from around the nation on lots of different shows during halftimes of other games and the like. Something you don't see happen every year.

The thing is Doc's style of offense will do much better and be more successful in the Big 10 than what its doing now in the big 12. The bigg 12 is a fast paced league unlike the big 10 which is known for its slow tempo. Just look at some of the scores from this weekend and you will see what I mean, most of the time the games will be in the mid 50's which is just like what we like. I'm not saying we will be a powerhouse team but I do think that we are much better suited there than in the big 12. If we can get some athletes don't be amazed if we make the NCAA tourney a semi-regular thing to do. Plus in that league if you have something like 11 losses its not an uncommon thing to make it to the big dance.

T_O_B

Just like redout said, Sadler coaches B10 style. It WILL measure up to the new conference. This also brings up a subject I really want to discuss but I was going to wait until the offseason to bring it up, especially since the team is actually giving us stuff to talk about right now. (For those of you that will occasionally leave the football forum this offseason and will be around to talk hoops during the summer, you can start thinking about it now: will the move actually help NU because right now they're the physical team in the conference that no one likes, but in the B10 they'll be just another team... I think it's an interesting debate)