Fox Sports picking an NU loss

Runnin' Ross — You know, the more things change, the more they should stay the same. For all of the talk about the West Coast offense and QBs who throw more than pitch, the main offensive cog is, or should, still be Cory Ross, the Husker tailback. There hasn't been a time when Ross has been unproductive for this offense. It might surprise people, but Ross has averaged 24 carries each game this year, and that doesn't need to change at all. At 5'6" and legs the size of redwoods, tackling Ross over the course of 60 minutes is a nightmare. He has quickness and burst to the hole, and he has the advantage in a sense that this is a better run-blocking line than they are a pass-blocking unit. Ross is a similar back to Army's Carlton Jones, who really shredded the Cyclones defense last week in New York, so don't be too surprised if Bill Callahan doesn't dial up #4 nearly 30 times this week. If not, it might be another 7 point day for the Husker offense, which isn't good at all.

Good point ...NO???!?!?

Well, I gotta say that the Pitt/Rutgers game did NOT inspire me in ANY way. Pitt looked about as bad as any collegiate team I have EVER seen. :blink:

Yes, I know Pitt came back to cut it to 8. Did Rutgers look like they cared at that point??? Palko looked like a SCUD missile out of gas trying to hit a Dairy Queen across the street.

Yes, I understand the arguments against foretelling circumstances of games of your opponents that didn't involve YOUR team. That said...

Our opponents look AWFUL so far.

Opponent victories against the powerful Youngstown St, E. Carolina, and William Penn. Yes, that's all folks. That is all the W's our opponents have mustered so far.

Yes, I like the D. Yes, I hope the 'O' gets on track. But unfortunately, this ISU game will most likely tell the tale of our season. We win, and NU should definitely see a bowl, and stand for nothing less.

If we lose, and Gawd forbid lose badly...well, glad I'm a big hockey fan!!! ;):bang:(

Why Iowa State might win: Nebraska's offense is flat-out horrible. The Huskers are 107th in the nation in total offense despite not facing anything resembling a killer defense yet (although Pitt's comes close). The passing game is dreadfully inefficient, only Louisiana Tech and Duke are worse, while Iowa State is 11th in the nation in pass efficient defense. In other words, this isn't going to be the game the Husker air show takes flight.

L Tech and Duke?!?!

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. :cry

Well, I gotta say that the Pitt/Rutgers game did NOT inspire me in ANY way. Pitt looked about as bad as any collegiate team I have EVER seen. :blink:

Yes, I know Pitt came back to cut it to 8. Did Rutgers look like they cared at that point??? Palko looked like a SCUD missile out of gas trying to hit a Dairy Queen across the street.

Yes, I understand the arguments against foretelling circumstances of games of your opponents that didn't involve YOUR team. That said...

Our opponents look AWFUL so far.

Opponent victories against the powerful Youngstown St, E. Carolina, and William Penn. Yes, that's all folks. That is all the W's our opponents have mustered so far.

Yes, I like the D. Yes, I hope the 'O' gets on track. But unfortunately, this ISU game will most likely tell the tale of our season. We win, and NU should definitely see a bowl, and stand for nothing less.

If we lose, and Gawd forbid lose badly...well, glad I'm a big hockey fan!!! ;):bang:(

Slap shot this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!