The Register Guard: NU makes a play for former Husker Scott Frost

Nexus

Frost was offered a scholarship, Woodhead wasn't - so I won't blame him for his decision one bit. Saying Woodhead was unloyal because he didn't walk on is a dick move junior.

I don't think it's a dick move at all. Woodhead not getting offered a scholly has been made a big deal for quite some time. If Woodhead would have been that confident in his abilities, he'd have walked-on and earned a scholly like so many walk-ons did in the past. Frost went to play for the guy who developed the WCO. He was also drafted back in a time when it wasn't really very common to draft a college QB and convert them to another position. It's very likely the only reason Frost got to play in the NFL was because of the time he played safety at Stanford.

People seem to get their panties in a bunch when discussing either Frost or Woodhead. I'd venture to guess Woodhead would not be playing in the NFL had he gotten a scholly from NU. I'd also venture to guess Frost would not have played in the NFL had he not went to Stanford first and had some exposure as a safety there. It seems to me that both were better off in the direction their path took them. However, it's all conjecture at this point. I just find it odd how some people continue to question the loyalty of a QB that landed us a NC trophy when there's been so few that have played here that accomplished as much.

Not everyone's confidence is backed by a fat bank account. And sometimes the dream of playing NU is pricey and the free ride is a good deal. EXAMPLE Darius Vick, said he needed the scholly instead of being a financial burden for a year, perhaps more. But I can seem to agree on SOME of your points, just not this one.