The Register Guard: NU makes a play for former Husker Scott Frost

Nexus

He would HAVE to be either CO-...or OC. Yes it would be a lateral move at best despite Nebraska roots. Oregon just went to the national title and he recruited 3 more solid WRs.

Missing the point. To a Nebraska guy....Nebraska > Oregon. Period. Recent success doesn't change history.

I kind of agree with you here, but not fully. Scott Frost started his college career at Stanford University. He attended Stanford for two years before transferring to Nebraska (not loyal or knew he wouldn't start first 2 seasons?). Would it be a big deal to coach Nebraska when you're from and played for Nebraska --huge deal, can't disagree, but someone who has the competitive edge like Frost you play/coach to WIN. Period. I would love to have Frost and I think we have a solid chance of getting him, but people who think its a simple decision to pack up and leave Oregon right now just because you played for Nebraska are mistaken IMO.

As stated, loyalty to Nebraska may not be as high as some think. He went to Stanford to be coached by a legend in Walsh, only returned to Nebraska because they were changing him to safety.

Oregon should be the preseason number one is my guess. They keep all the talent people on the team. Winning a NC helps your resume I would guess.

I think there is a chance of him coming here, but only as the Co or OC.

As stated, loyalty to Nebraska may not be as high as some think. He went to Stanford to be coached by a legend in Walsh, only returned to Nebraska because they were changing him to safety.

Oregon should be the preseason number one is my guess. They keep all the talent people on the team. Winning a NC helps your resume I would guess.

How about loyalty to Nebraska for taking him back after he left for Stanford? That should count for something, especially since the guy that took him back is now AD!!

It's already been suggested he would be co-offensive coordinator with Beck. Would Frost also coach the QBs or WRs? He has gained experience as a WR coach but coaching the QBs would be a good fit also.

Yesterday on 1620 Sipple was rambling and mentioned the possibility of some of the staff switching to other positions. He threw out that Brown could move over to coach the WRs and that Cotton would move to coach the TEs. If they could get Barney off the line and bring in a new O-Line coach that would be awesome! (I'm surprised Sipple came up with a good idea too!)

It's already been suggested he would be co-offensive coordinator with Beck. Would Frost also coach the QBs or WRs? He has gained experience as a WR coach but coaching the QBs would be a good fit also.

Yesterday on 1620 Sipple was rambling and mentioned the possibility of some of the staff switching to other positions. He threw out that Brown could move over to coach the WRs and that Cotton would move to coach the TEs. If they could get Barney off the line and bring in a new O-Line coach that would be awesome! (I'm surprised Sipple came up with a good idea too!)

I heard that along with being the co-OC that Frost would also be in charge of the QB's. Running the spread option attack, I could not think of a better guy to coach the QB's than Frost. Bring him home Bo!

That would be amazing if they could promote Barney to the front office or at least shift him positions. TE seems to me like a less involved position than OL. We desperately need a boost in that coaching department.

I'm starting to get pretty excited about Frost. He's one helluva recruiter from what I'm reading, and anything resembling Oregon's offense is a step in the right direction.

Sure it would be a lateral move——but one with a bigger upside potential. In Oregon he is a damn fine position coach. At NU he is the guy who led us to our last MNC. The guy we all followed for six years in the NFL. He’d be in a MUCH better position for career advancement in Lincoln than in Eugene.

De[ends on what Oregon truly thinks about him. Could be a coach in waiting, who knows.

Frost is a winner, he wants to win. His shortest and quickest route to that is at Oregon.

I would love to see him come here, but I just do not think it is as likely as some think. Hope to hell I am wrong and he is here within the week.

His attitude is needed I think on the offensive side of the ball. I would only worry about confrontational problems with Bo. Scott is as hot headed as Bo at times I have heard.

Still think he would be a great hire.

When asked about the subject, Scott said "I'm not saying a word". It's also been reported on Twitter that when asked if he was staying (he was courtside at the Oregon basketball game the other night), he gave a "BINDING thumbs up". Take those for what you will.

Edit: If you ask me, it's obvious we're making a push for him, since it's been accurately reported as such that Bo is talking with him, but he's going to decline. Either out of sticking it to Bo for resentment from last time, or because he loves Oregon and we're not offering him enough incentive to leave. If Bo is relying on dangling Nebraska in front of him I doubt Scott will bite. I would love for him to, but I doubt it.

Part of me wants a job to offered to Frost and have him turn it down, thus shunning Nebraska twice. I want to see the reaction of the “he bleeds Red” folks.

Part of me wants him to take a job as OC here if it is offered to him, have him have a couple stinker games and watch the Big Red faithful turn on him like it is 1996 all over again.

Part of me wants him to take a job at NU because I think he would be an asset to the program. Be successful as a position coach and then continue to move up in the ranks at NU and retire here.

Part of me doesn’t give a rats backside if he ever coaches at NU, although I would prefer he did.

Frost didn't come back when they changed him to safety. He came back when Walsh stepped down at Stanford. I don't know why people continue to question Frost's loyalty to Nebraska, but then go on to give someone like Danny Woodhead a pass. Frost broke all kinds of passing records while in high school. His dream was to play in the NFL as a QB. How many QB's did TO and Nebraska send to the NFL? Given the same circumstances, almost everyone in Frost's position would have chosen to play for the WCO master Walsh. Woodhead had the opportunity to walk-on at Nebraska, but he chose to take the scholly and play at Chadron. He gets a pass while Frost gets his loyalty questioned?

It's also comical to hear people almost get down on their hands and knees and beg for a person to come back that many fans hated fifteen years ago. There were a fair amount of fans that blamed Frost for the LP implosion in 1995.

Here's my question with regards to bringing Frost back as a Co-OC: who calls the plays? My personal bias would be to get Frost back on the staff and groom him for the eventual takeover as HC once Bo either retires or moves on to another program. He's been on both sides of the ball as both a player and as a coach. He comes from a line of coaches. He just seems like a good fit.