Strong Evidence that Watson is gone

Well, if that is the case I would say that he's probably a safe hire. I used to always give Watson the benefit of the doubt but after last season anybody would be a safe hire. It sickens me to think that with just a little more spark/play calling on offense we very well could've been playing in the NCG. It's time for change, I'll embrace it :thumbs

bear with me here, this kind of goes somewhere...

a "friend" apparently got on my laptop today and posted a status update here that was less than satisfactory. i never saw it, but the vague jokes he was making gave me the jist of it...thanks to whoever took it down.

so we all go to ameristar tonight for all you can eat crab legs and general shenigans. i wore a new shirt someone got me at christmas, says "Keep Calm and Carry On" on the front of it. Great Britian WWII reference or something.

at dinner, a literal bowl of melted butter is spilled on my chest and jeans before i ever eat one bite. i shek it off, determined to eat crab. waitress comes around later and asks if i want more iced tea. "Sure." She begins to pour, the ice does that pile up thing, then unleashes. Im now covered in butter and iced tea.

I call a cab. Im not so much furious as completely French. Im waving a giant invisible white flag.

Cabbie is cool, and we have a laugh over my ordeal.

We pull into my place, and Im at the back of this weird parking lot downtown. My car is backed in right in front of the house. Pay the cabbie, get out, walk up the side walk...

See giant black mark on the front corner of my white car. See yellow plastic bits all laying upon the snow.

i skip right past furious on my way to, heck, i dont know. it was bad. im f'ing Chechnya. Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately, no one is around to bomb.

blah blah...stiff drink... blah...shower...blah blah...stiff drink...blah blah blah

open this thread. see knapplc's GIF.

laugh uproariously.

thank you, knapplc.

• Fire 1

Not to rain on anyones parade, especially since I want Watson go as bad as yall. But if UNL has to post each coaching spot up for hire even when someone is going to take the position already. Then wouldn't that mean when a contract is up but hasn't been resigned yet shouldn't the position but posted even though they are coming back. If thats the case then shouldn't all positions be posted after the contracts end. So technically Watsons contract end coming back but not signed yet for any reason but position has to be posted?

Trust me I truely truely hope i'm not right with this thinking. I'm begging for someone to proove that theory wrong. Anyone please Knapplc i'm looking to you.

Sorry, I just saw this. That theory is not correct. Jobs don't get reposted in this manner for these kinds of contracts. Typically the negotiations are held prior to the end of the actual contract, and the new contract takes effect seamlessly after the last one ends. Therefore there's no opening, and no requirement to post the job.

The fact that this job was posted simply means, to me, that a "playcalling position" is not going to be filled by Shawn Watson in 2011. It does not mean that someone has been hired, nor does it mean that Watson is fired/gone specifically. I say that because he could be in the process of being reassigned - a process which could ultimately fail, and he would sever ties with UNL. This allows Bo to say that "nobody has been fired."

I believe it means that we have an in-process hire for Watson's position right now. The fact that it will not be refilled by Watson means UNL must post it as an open position. Of course they have zero intention of looking at any applications they get for this position, because they already have a short list of candidates, and (I believe) a person chosen already. They are likely in the negotiation/background check/drug test phase right now, which allows Bo to parse his words to the effect that "nobody has been hired yet."

laugh uproariously.

thank you, knapplc.

I am very glad to have been of service. +1 to you, good sir. :thumbs

For the record, I also LOL'd. You rock, knappic.

You just want a +1 don't you? lol

Haha, didn't even read knappic's reply, honestly. Now it looks like I was brown-nosing. :cop:

• Fire 1

laugh uproariously.

thank you, knapplc.

I am very glad to have been of service. +1 to you, good sir. :thumbs

For the record, I also LOL'd. You rock, knappic.

You just want a +1 don't you? lol

Haha, didn't even read knappic's reply, honestly. Now it looks like I was brown-nosing. :cop:

No worries, I got your back. +1

This is what I love about the board ..... you get most stuff here first.

I posted this way back in December. And got slammed for it.I was ridiculed and blasted by most on this board. This has been in the works since early December. They have knwn about it.

You got slammed because you started a thread that said Mangino was in Lincoln for interviews when there was already a thread saying the same thing. Nobody slammed you because you said Watson was gone. Everybody thought the CCG was the final nail in Watson's coffin.

This is what I love about the board ..... you get most stuff here first.

I posted this way back in December. And got slammed for it.I was ridiculed and blasted by most on this board. This has been in the works since early December. They have knwn about it.

You got slammed because you started a thread that said Mangino was in Lincoln for interviews when there was already a thread saying the same thing. Nobody slammed you because you said Watson was gone. Everybody thought the CCG was the final nail in Watson's coffin.

No I asked If anyone could confirm if Magino was really in Lincoln, Because my SOURCE ( i WILL USE IT NOW) Said he hadnt heard anything that Magino was in Lincoln. I poster dont be surprised If Watson and Gilmore are gone. I used Source I think In the 4th sentence and got blasted.