Strong Evidence that Watson is gone

That thread is not going to get unlocked and we're not going to get into it again in this thread. There was already a Mangino thread and we don't need another one. That's the end of it.

you are a mod?? And you said " I said Magino was in Lincoln?? Do you even read the posts?? Obvisouly you are either hung over this morning or do not read very well.

That thread is not going to get unlocked and we're not going to get into it again in this thread. There was already a Mangino thread and we don't need another one. That's the end of it.

you are a mod?? And you said " I said Magino was in Lincoln?? Do you even read the posts?? Obvisouly you are either hung over this morning or do not read very well.

:troll:

Sipple just tweeted the following:

ssipplesports Steven M. Sipple

I'm hearing that Nebraska's talks with Warinner have slowed a bit, though I wouldn't rule him out.

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Wonder if that means Frost is on the line?

Not sure, but Mitch Sherman suggested that talks have slowed recently between Frost and NU, though it sounds like the sticking point was the level of position offered.

By the sound of it, it really doesn't seem like Frost will leave UO to be NU's OC, either because Bo isn't offering enough responsibility or because UO will do whatever it can to keep him in Eugene. Of course it's still possible, but it just seems like an uphill battle that I don't know if either side with willing to fight.

Sipple just tweeted the following:

ssipplesports Steven M. Sipple

I'm hearing that Nebraska's talks with Warinner have slowed a bit, though I wouldn't rule him out.

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Wonder if that means Frost is on the line?

Not sure, but Mitch Sherman suggested that talks have slowed recently between Frost and NU, though it sounds like the sticking point was the level of position offered.

By the sound of it, it really doesn't seem like Frost will leave UO to be NU's OC, either because Bo isn't offering enough responsibility or because UO will do whatever it can to keep him in Eugene. Of course it's still possible, but it just seems like an uphill battle that I don't know if either side with willing to fight.

My understanding is that Frost would not be as tempted by a lateral move, but OC or possibly co-OC would certainly make it appealing. Whatever his Dad says, negotiations have a way of working things out.

We have officially been in talks with all of these guys. It is pointless and bad for all parties involved, to not just come out and say that Watson is gone, and we are looking for a replacement.

What if the guys we are in talks with dont want to come for one reason or another. Then we end up with no OC, and take someone from the bottom of the barrel, as we all have seen that style of hiring doesn't really work so well. The "official" talks seem to come from the media, not the AD or Bo. According to them we have no slots to fill.

Oh, I don't mean Bo should be publicizing or talking about his interviews of other OCs. But it's made it out there so if it looks bad because they don't want to come, that happens anyway. We are going to end up with "no OC" (or Beck in that scenario, I guess). Either ways, it isn't as if Watson is going to be a fallback.

That is just what doesn't make sense. According to Bo, we have no slots to fill. But he is interviewing coaches. How is he going to explain this away when all is said and done? 'No, I wasn't interviewing coaches until we had open spots?' He wouldn't even have to say anything if he didn't comment one way or another about the staff changes, but he did.

We are sort of in a bad place right now PR wise because everybody 'knows' Watson and Gilmore are gone, and everyone 'knows' there are discussions with Frost at least, but it's being actively denied. The former, anyway. Why even waste that effort. So what Bo would have us believe is we are in a similar situation the Dolphins were in, when they had reports swirling that the owner, Steve Ross, and GM Jeff Ireland went to woo Jim Harbaugh, all while Tony Sparano still had a job.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Dan-Reeves-rips-Dolphins-owner-for-going-after-Harbaugh.html

"I think it's a bad situation," (Dan) Reeves told WFTL-640. "In the past, you never talked to anyone unless there was a vacancy. If they haven't fired somebody you just didn't say, 'Yeah, I'll interview with you and I'll talk with you.' That person had to be fired."

Whether Ross actually made the offer or not...(it) was a total disaster, public relations wise and in terms of chemistry between Sparano and Ireland..It undermined Sparano's standing in the locker room and around the league and it made the Dolphins look dysfunctional and the owner looked like a rank amateur.

Obviously this is not the case, so I have no idea why Bo wants that to be the perception. He's got to know it has been/will be reported that he is talking to Frost. If not, colossal misstep.

We have officially been in talks with all of these guys. It is pointless and bad for all parties involved, to not just come out and say that Watson is gone, and we are looking for a replacement.

Agree. I really don't get what the big deal is to fire a guy and announce the opening. Schools do this all the time. The ONLY and I mean ONLY thing that I could think of is that if Nebraska fired Watson and announced it was doing a coaching search, then it would probably get thrown up (at least briefly) on ESPN. Then, if the coaching search didn't go well, the refusals would also get into the national media and Nebraska would look bad. This is what happened in 2004 when we were trying to bring in a replacement for Solich. Doing it more secretively might make it look a little better if coaches decline our offers.