Bo: "No offensive staff openings" (Shatel Piece)

Issues are rarely black-and-white. Lots of folks want to make the latest flap with Bo an either/or issue, just like they want to make the entirety of the Callahan Era a yes/no or like/dislike issue. There were a few things about Callahan that I liked. Many that I didn't. Above all I tried to be fair, and held the man accountable for those things which were really his fault or about which he really should have been held accountable for. I do the same with Bo. To wit:

Break out the beige - I have no idea what this even was.

To technical for you - Did not like. About a 1 on a scale of 1-10 on the care-o-meter, though. Maybe even a .5 on a 1-10 scale.

Throat slash - Never understood what was so bad about this. To borrow a recent phrase, "manufactured crisis."

Flipping hillbillies - I had no problem with this. The shoe fit their behavior.

Black sweatsuits - I have no idea what this even was.

Having said that, I find it comical that people think the Sanders issue was a non-issue or a manufactured crisis. It has ramifications. Is it a huge deal? Too early to tell how next year's recruits are going to react when this is used as a tool against Nebraska by teams vying for the same recruits. But it will be used, and it will not reflect well.

“Break out the beige” - I have no idea what this even was.

“To technical for you” - Did not like. About a 1 on a scale of 1-10 on the care-o-meter, though. Maybe even a .5 on a 1-10 scale.

“Throat slash” - Never understood what was so bad about this. To borrow a recent phrase, "manufactured crisis."

“Flipping hillbillies” - I had no problem with this. The shoe fit their behavior.

“Black sweatsuits” - I have no idea what this even was.

That was supposed to be BEIGE. Nice spelling on my part.

The shirt he wore to the presser that didn’t have any Husker crap on it.

The Black Sweatsuits are what the staff came out in for a couple games back in 2004 that got some folks panties in a twist.

“Break out the beige” - I have no idea what this even was.

“To technical for you” - Did not like. About a 1 on a scale of 1-10 on the care-o-meter, though. Maybe even a .5 on a 1-10 scale.

“Throat slash” - Never understood what was so bad about this. To borrow a recent phrase, "manufactured crisis."

“Flipping hillbillies” - I had no problem with this. The shoe fit their behavior.

“Black sweatsuits” - I have no idea what this even was.

That was supposed to be BEIGE. Nice spelling on my part.

The shirt he wore to the presser that didn’t have any Husker crap on it.

The Black Sweatsuits are what the staff came out in for a couple games back in 2004 that got some folks panties in a twist.

Duh. Now I remember that beige shirt thing. That was stupid, too. So was the sweatsuit thing, although I still don't remember that issue.