Halftime thoughts NU v ISU

Ahh i see. And you say i am the one here trying to pick a fight? Oh the irony  :blink:

I'm not trying to get into a fight with you Nameless! I don't want to, I don't enjoy these things. That's why I'm going to keep tyring to get you to stop. I really wouldn't have a problem with you Nameless if every reply you had to former didn't include strawmen, character attacks and outright lies. All you ever want to do is stick it to 'im instead of debate.

Sorry but not going to allow his negativity to poison the board. He's a flip flopper. One minute he says the offense if unwatchable and bitches about us not using a ground game simply because our passing game was working, the next minute (in another thread) he is complimenting our win. In Psychology, that's called a depressive disorder

Just wait a second. The majority of us in that thread about Tech said that Tech's offense was unwatchable and boring. And yet Tech has a great great offense. Obviously the two are not mutualy exclusive. I garun-damn-tee you Former would rather see what we had today over what we've had the last 3 games.

I guess now acccording to you, countering your negativity with positive energy is now considered an insult.

Positive energy?? Need I re-post what you posted just a few short months ago?????? :dumdum

And in return, do i need to post your negative comments over the last few months? Grow up and stop flip flopping, then people might take your negativity as criticism of certain ways we ran a play or how we called a drive or yada yada yada and at least make it worth debetable, instead of just continuing your Solich did this, and TO did that campaign. Every comment you make usually references something that ends up being a Solich/TO/Devaney remark. Like i said, it's 2005. Devaney is dead, TO is retired from Football and Solich is no longer with the program, get over it. Either support the program and everyone attached to it (including Pederson) or go root for Barney ball or Ohio. I don't understand why you can't understand the phrase "it's simple, don't watch"

Just wait a second. The majority of us in that thread about Tech said that Tech's offense was unwatchable and boring. And yet Tech has a great great offense. Obviously the two are not mutualy exclusive. I garun-damn-tee you Former would rather see what we had today over what we've had the last 3 games.

:yeah

At least somebody gets it. Thanks, Jake :thumbs

[ Either support the program and everyone attached to it (including Pederson)

Quite frankly, that is one of the dumbest posts you have ever made, and thats saying alot :dumdum

I like the company I work for, but I dont always agree with the CEO/board of directors. I love the USA, but I dont always agree with the President or my elected representatives. The two are not mutually exclusive (I know thats a big phrase for you), you can like or love the program, but disagree with those who run it, especially when they are running it into the ground.

It was a nice win, very nice win. However, IMO, throwing the ball 56 times a game is boring football, especially when the team you're playing against is not very good against the run. It was a nice but boring win, its not flip-flopping

How do you know Iowa St isn't good against the run? Obviously you haven't read newspapers the last week because i gurantee you not 1 damn person, newspaper, media outlet or radio show did not mention it a 1,000 times that this was going to be a defensive struggle. So are you saying, you are right and everyone else is wrong about ISU being able to stop the run?

You think because ISU did not get up for Army and was looking ahead, then all of a sudden, you make an observation over that 1 game that they are horrible against the run? Each team prepares differently against the opponent. In case you didn't notice, ISU got torched with passes by Army (and ISU came in thinking Army couldn't rush). What does that tell ya? What your opponent might look like on paper and how they actually play the game are 2 different stories? Or are you going to say that's wrong?

[ Either support the program and everyone attached to it (including Pederson)

Quite frankly, that is one of the dumbest posts you have ever made, and thats saying alot :dumdum

I like the company I work for, but I dont always agree with the CEO/board of directors. I love the USA, but I dont always agree with the President or my elected representatives. The two are not mutually exclusive (I know thats a big phrase for you), you can like or love the program, but disagree with those who run it, especially when they are running it into the ground.

That coming from a flip flopper is a compliment. Thanks

How do you know Iowa St isn't good against the run?

Cause I watched the Army game.

Obviously you haven't read newspapers the last week because i gurantee you not 1 damn person, newspaper, media outlet or radio show did not mention it a 1,000 times that this was going to be a defensive struggle. So are you saying, you are right and everyone else is wrong about ISU being able to stop the run?

Funny, how about this quote "Iowa State ranks last in the Big 12 and 63rd nationally in rushing defense, allowing 131.3 yards a game."

from:http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2028885

Anyhow, NU with 450+ yards, and ISU with 350+ yards doesnt exactly equate to a defensive struggle.

You think because ISU did not get up for Army and was looking ahead, then all of a sudden, you make an observation over that 1 game that they are horrible against the run? Each team prepares differently against the opponent. In case you didn't notice, ISU got torched with passes by Army (and ISU came in thinking Army couldn't rush). What does that tell ya? What your opponent might look like on paper and how they actually play the game are 2 different stories? Or are you going to say that's wrong?

No, but I watched ISU play, and its pretty obvious that they have some problems with their run defense.

Cause I watched the Army game.

I will repeat it again since you missed it. How Iowa St prepared for Army is 180 degrees different on how they prepare for Nebraksa. Teams won't admit it but they prepare to the level of their competition. Case in point Iowa St losing to a pathetic Missouri team last year. Iowa St. though that because Missouri was unver .500 that they would walk all over them. I am sure you know what happened in that game last year.

Iowa St went into the Army game thinking they would walk all over them like Baylor did the week before and assumed they had no passing game. What did Army show them by the end of the game?

Hey we are 4-0. We beat a team that most felt we would lose too. We actually showed an offense. Wake Forest knockded of Clemson. Things are looking a lot better. Lets be happy guys. We have a very tough game next week, you both know alot about football tell us how we win next week.

Time to heal the wounds some.

Hey we are 4-0. We beat a team that most felt we would lose too. We actually showed an offense. Wake Forest knockded of Clemson. Things are looking a lot better. Lets be happy guys. We have a very tough game next week, you both know alot about football tell us how we win next week.

Time to heal the wounds some.

The only way to win next week is a bye week. Texas Tech manhandled Kansas tonight. They attacked the corner continuously from what i am reading on the KU message boards. The way our corners played today, i don't see us improving that much over a span of 4 practices during next week. Our biggest problem against Texas Tech is countering the 3 step drop and quick releases. Our linebackers need to play next week like it's a championship game