Recuriting Juniors Right Now?

Yes, you can be recruiting kids now, you will especially see alot of offers going out to juniors in the next couple of months. When April and May come around, thats when you start seeing which kids will have the most interest in your program, and which kids the coaches have interest in.

Does it hurt us on the recruiting trail at all that we have two lame-duck coaches and two that aren't quite on staff yet? Are we allowed to be recruiting right now anyway? If so, I'd sure like to have a full staff out there. Just not sure on the ol recruiting calendar.

a. can you think of a better time of year for such a transition?

b. are you aware of the reasons for the delay and whether they outweigh any hypothetical damage to the minimal level of recruiting that is done in the two weeks following signing day?

i know it is the prerogative of the internet to find every molehill available for upsizing, but this is a little ridiculous.

Does it hurt us on the recruiting trail at all that we have two lame-duck coaches and two that aren't quite on staff yet? Are we allowed to be recruiting right now anyway? If so, I'd sure like to have a full staff out there. Just not sure on the ol recruiting calendar.

b. are you aware of the reasons for the delay and whether they outweigh any hypothetical damage to the minimal level of recruiting that is done in the two weeks following signing day?

i know it is the prerogative of the internet to find every molehill available for upsizing, but this is a little ridiculous.

This post right here is a classic example of this board. Someone asking a simple question that they are uncertain about, then some "wannabe guru" comes in and is a smartass.

I would think that the defensive coaches are hired but not officially so they would be working on spring practices or watching film on the huskers or new recruits. Remember the coaches are not new to the game they know what should be looked at before they arrive here in Nebraska.It looks like only one O coach will be hired with the rest been movements with in the ranks so it's business as usual I guess.I'm not worried to much about recruiting at this point,the NU staff has shown it can move when necessary.

This post right here is a classic example of this board. Someone asking a simple question that they are uncertain about, then some "wannabe guru" comes in and is a smartass.

actually, i'd say biting nails over every minute detail and running wild with hypothetical problems (typically without having full knowledge of a given situation) is a better representation of this and every other message board. well, that and anonymous name calling from behind a keyboard.

I agree, but in reality, every other board I go to is MUCH worse.

:yeah

This is a great board and I really appreciate everyone being civil 99% of the time. Things got a little dicey at the end of the season and during our recruiting decommitment period. People got really snappy at each other, but this is still by far the best board I've ever been on. Something about Husker fans makes them not able to stay mad at each other for long.

:yeah

This is a great board and I really appreciate everyone being civil 99% of the time. Things got a little dicey at the end of the season and during our recruiting decommitment period. People got really snappy at each other, but this is still by far the best board I've ever been on. Something about Husker fans makes them not able to stay mad at each other for long.

This board is like a haven. HI has been unbearable for the past two weeks. So much negativity I just don't go there anymore.