Bo's renovation done + Policy may delay coaching announcement 'til Feb. 17th

Nexus

Beck is all about the ground and pound, this is the way we need to go.

Where are people getting this assumption from? Is it because he coached Running Backs here? Isn’t his time at KU as WR coach/passing game coordinator? Did he run the ball all the time at Missouri State or when he was coaching High School in Texas?

Everything I’ve seen points towards a spread’em out fast pace offense. Not a ground and pound style.

Its because they saw someone else say it somewhere and they want to seem like they have a clue what they are talking about so they throw out a random comment.

But I think Bo would say Becks "multiple". :laughpound

LINCOLN — Nebraska football coach Bo Pelini has completed his revamped coaching staff, according to a source close to the program, though he’s waiting on university protocol to make an announcement.

Continue Reading

That article makes me even less confident in Beck's play-calling abilities.

Why aren't we getting Ed Warinner? From that article it sounds like it was Warinner who called the plays. They made a great team in Kansas, why can't we bring them back together here?

Where are people getting this assumption from? Is it because he coached Running Backs here? Isn’t his time at KU as WR coach/passing game coordinator? Did he run the ball all the time at Missouri State or when he was coaching High School in Texas?

Everything I’ve seen points towards a spread’em out fast pace offense. Not a ground and pound style.

Some of the best running teams use a spread’em out fast pace offense. I just see him utilizing the RB much more then Watson did and less reliance on the QB to make that decision.

Some of the best running teams use a spread’em out fast pace offense. I just see him utilizing the RB much more then Watson did and less reliance on the QB to make that decision.

Which is too bad, b/c if we had had Beck relying on RB's last season instead of putting the entire offense on Martinez, we could've done great things. Roy/Rex was the best combo we've had in a while.

Which is too bad, b/c if we had had Beck relying on RB's last season instead of putting the entire offense on Martinez, we could've done great things. Roy/Rex was the best combo we've had in a while.

Well now we'll have the Rex/Green show and hopefully Heard can get in on the action.

You realize that was Bo's directive, right?

Anyway, good to see people aren't quite so caught up and giddy in the idea of a running QB anymore. At the beginning of the year, I felt using Taylor would limit Roy/Rex, as well as all our receivers. It is just one of the costs of a running QB. But I think the stats show Roy/Rex did get plenty of mileage so it wasn't *too* egregious. The receivers bit stands out more to me.

And Roy was often not in the game because of nagging injuries. More than once this year he disappeared because of injury mid-game.