Mike Farrell breaks down the 2011 Nebraska class

STOOBIE

We had top Rivals analyst Mike Farrell on the program to break down the Huskers newest additions, does a GREAT Jamal vs. Bubba comparison, and we discuss the coaching changes on this weeks "4th and Going For It".

I would like to apologize for the echo-y sound. I'm not sure what happened there but I will have it fixed by the next show.

This is a great way to get a breakdown if you aren't a subscriber to Rivals/Scout

Nebraska Sports Daily

Email the show!

We had top Rivals analyst Mike Farrell on the program to break down the Huskers newest additions, does a GREAT Jamal vs. Bubba comparison, and we discuss the coaching changes on this weeks "4th and Going For It".

I would like to apologize for the echo-y sound. I'm not sure what happened there but I will have it fixed by the next show.

This is a great way to get a breakdown if you aren't a subscriber to Rivals/Scout

Nebraska Sports Daily

Email the show!

Thanks for posting!

That was a nice listen.

His assessment of Turner and Starling was very interesting. He sees Turner as the better thrower by a decent amount. He thought that if Starling were to actually play football he'd be an immediate impact as a WR or TE... but not as a QB for a time (mechanics issues). Though he intimated that Starling will likely go the baseball route (did not directly say this... but implied it).

His thoughts on Tariq Allen as a safety rather than a WR were also interesting. He ranked our OL class as well above all the other Big 10 programs... encouraging. Has Ameer Abdullah and Tariq Allen as the likely greatest steals and Damion Stafford and Charles Jackson as those most likely to emerge early as impact players. If he is right, and Allen ends up a safety, then really, this class is reduced to but a single WR --- Daniel Davie. Hmnn... I hope Daniel really is good!

As much as i would agree with Starling going to WR or TE (I feel if he is to make the move to TE he needs to add weight especially for the Big Ten), it might not be a very appeasing role to him. It was hit hard that Nebraska is not known for recruiting well known receivers, even when we were under Callahan and the West Coast offense, they weren't top recruits. I think its an image that even though Farrell said we have to fix, i don't think it ever will be. Nebraska just isn't a pass heavy team that brings in top recruits to play the receiver position, we pick up what we can and coach them up to be good enough for this offense. That is a huge credit to the coaching staff though to take medium talent like that and turn it into something that makes the sports news and potential drafts for the NFL.

Stafford could possibly be the next Lavonte David, in terms of JUCO turnout, and it couldn't come at a better time since we lost Gomes, Hagg, and Thenarse. I think in the safety position he is going to bring a challenge to playing with Smith, Osborne and Cassidy.

He talks about WR recruiting and says we are a power offense, in specific contrast to the Oregon spread offense, score-a-minute type stuff.

Found that a bit odd.

That is a bit odd, but when you look at other "power" programs like OSU and Alabama they have no problem recruiting WR's.

He talks about WR recruiting and says we are a power offense, in specific contrast to the Oregon spread offense, score-a-minute type stuff.

Found that a bit odd.

That is a bit odd, but when you look at other "power" programs like OSU and Alabama they have no problem recruiting WR's.

When we get an accomplished passer in the fold, we will see the WR recruiting get better. Until then....let's get to work on that blocking on the outside!

Found that a bit odd.

When we get an accomplished passer in the fold, we will see the WR recruiting get better. Until then....let's get to work on that blocking on the outside!

When we get comparable to OSU and Alabama as a "power" program then we will have no problem getting wide receivers

Found that a bit odd.

Still hard to say what kind of offense we are. Maybe '11 is the year we finally get over the Sybil-act and find an identity.