Prince or Peterson ?

Blaze1up

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The SEC is a better overall conference because of the Defenses, not because of the offenses. Also, once again, I will point out 2 huge differences in play that benefit an SEC cornerback.

1. Spread offense. Harder to defend in WR's in space.

2. Penalties. The Big 12 does not let DB's mess with WR's. It was discussed in depth on the radio before the Texas vs Bama & OU vs UF MNC games. It's easier to play when you can actually touch a WR without getting instantly flagged.

SEC has 6 qbs in the top 25 in passer rating while the Big XII only has two. So the qbs still play better than Big XII qbs AND they face better competition.

Keep cherry picking stats. I can do it too. In 08 (Prince's first year at CB), the big 12 had 10 in the top 35. Almost 1/3. That's insane.

Once again, I have been talking about their careers, not 1 season. You have to look at stats in context. Last year, there were a large amount of higher scoring games than usual in the SEC, which one can attribute to a down year in defense.

The SEC is a better overall conference because of the Defenses, not because of the offenses. Also, once again, I will point out 2 huge differences in play that benefit an SEC cornerback.

1. Spread offense. Harder to defend in WR's in space.

2. Penalties. The Big 12 does not let DB's mess with WR's. It was discussed in depth on the radio before the Texas vs Bama & OU vs UF MNC games. It's easier to play when you can actually touch a WR without getting instantly flagged.

SEC has 6 qbs in the top 25 in passer rating while the Big XII only has two. So the qbs still play better than Big XII qbs AND they face better competition.

Keep cherry picking stats. I can do it too. In 08 (Prince's first year at CB), the big 12 had 10 in the top 35. Almost 1/3. That's insane.

Once again, I have been talking about their careers, not 1 season. You have to look at stats in context. Last year, there were a large amount of higher scoring games than usual in the SEC, which one can attribute to a down year in defense.

We were talkin about LAST YEAR. Cherry picking stats? Hm, QB rating is one of the best qb stats to use and that pretty much crushed your argument about big XII qbs being better than SEC QB's. You laughed at me saying SEC qbs were better so i brought in actual stats then you skew your argument to make yourself look better. BTW, SEC Qbs still had a qb rating than Big XII qbs in Princes junior year as well. Big XII qbs had a better rating than SEC qbs in prince's frosh. and soph years. You can laugh all you want, but i provide stats that proved my argument about the last year and the year before. Also, I was talking about LAST YEAR. Thats when you laughed when i said SEC QB's were better than the Big XII qbs..now youre saying you werent talking about last year?

Tony Pauline from CNN/SI has this take on Prince:

How fast is Prince Amukamara?

The past two combines have seen highly rated cornerbacks slip down draft boards after slower-than-expected 40 times. In 2009, Malcolm Jenkins ran in the mid 4.5s; Joe Haden was even slower last year. Haden rebounded at his Pro Day, but Jenkins never recovered.

Amukamara is the most polished and NFL-ready cornerback in April's draft. He's also looked upon as a high-character prospect who exudes class off the field. Still, questions linger about his ability to run down the field with game-breaking receivers. Scouts will closely monitor this in Indianapolis.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/02/22/combine.insider/index.html#ixzz1EizYucE2

Just one more writer's opinion.

That still doesn't say that he is rated higher than Peterson by anyone or why he is more polished and NFL ready! :sarcasm:LOLtartar

Once again, its only ONE guy. Look at how many people/sites have Peterson getting drafted before Prince..Also, "the best cbs" Peterson is 1 and amuksmara is 2. In fact, all the links used by the mod is arguing with ALL had peterson as the number 1 rated cb..

The past two combines have seen highly rated cornerbacks slip down draft boards after slower-than-expected 40 times. In 2009, Malcolm Jenkins ran in the mid 4.5s; Joe Haden was even slower last year. Haden rebounded at his Pro Day, but Jenkins never recovered.

Amukamara is the most polished and NFL-ready cornerback in April's draft. He's also looked upon as a high-character prospect who exudes class off the field. Still, questions linger about his ability to run down the field with game-breaking receivers. Scouts will closely monitor this in Indianapolis.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/02/22/combine.insider/index.html#ixzz1EizYucE2

That still doesn't say that he is rated higher than Peterson by anyone or why he is more polished and NFL ready! :sarcasm:LOLtartar

Once again, its only ONE guy. Look at how many people/sites have Peterson getting drafted before Prince..Also, "the best cbs" Peterson is 1 and amuksmara is 2. In fact, all the links used by the mod is arguing with ALL had peterson as the number 1 rated cb..

ONCE AGAIN

I linked an article that stated that SEVERAL NFL SCOUTS have Prince slotted AHEAD of Peterson, which was my point. And since your continual ranting is that Mayock and Kiper and folks of the like are not the same as an NFL Scout, I will provide a link (AGAIN) that reports what NFL SCOUTS think. This, eventhough the only link you have provided saying Prince showed sloppy technique is from a talking head like Mayock and Kiper. He has also has them ranked 9th and 11th, which is CHASMS apart. :sarcasm

Since you seem to have difficulties flipping to page 1, or recalling this, here is the link I provided which very succinctly proved my point. This point wasn't which CB will be better in the pros, it was who is better at CB RIGHT NOW.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1263300

Some teams, in fact, like Amukamara more than Peterson.

I don't expect you to change your opinion, but for the love of God can you at least acknowledge the obvious fact that some NFL SCOUTS and personnel experts happen to agree with the point that I have made? Sheesh. Oh, and just because I am mod does not mean I am immune to having an opinion. You started this off by saying "this makes me giggle..." I usually don't devote much time into digging into these posts and threads anymore because my priorities are a little different now, but I applaud you for pissing me off to the point where I found ample information to prove my point. I can respect someone with a differing opinion who defends that opinion, but it makes it hard to respect someone who can't acknowledge obvious points just for the sake of arguing. Take it for what it is, I'm done.

ONCE AGAIN

I linked an article that stated that SEVERAL NFL SCOUTS have Prince slotted AHEAD of Peterson, which was my point. And since your continual ranting is that Mayock and Kiper and folks of the like are not the same as an NFL Scout, I will provide a link (AGAIN) that reports what NFL SCOUTS think. This, eventhough the only link you have provided saying Prince showed sloppy technique is from a talking head like Mayock and Kiper. He has also has them ranked 9th and 11th, which is CHASMS apart. :sarcasm

Since you seem to have difficulties flipping to page 1, or recalling this, here is the link I provided which very succinctly proved my point. This point wasn't which CB will be better in the pros, it was who is better at CB RIGHT NOW.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1263300

Some teams, in fact, like Amukamara more than Peterson.

I don't expect you to change your opinion, but for the love of God can you at least acknowledge the obvious fact that some NFL SCOUTS and personnel experts happen to agree with the point that I have made? Sheesh. Oh, and just because I am mod does not mean I am immune to having an opinion. You started this off by saying "this makes me giggle..." I usually don't devote much time into digging into these posts and threads anymore because my priorities are a little different now, but I applaud you for pissing me off to the point where I found ample information to prove my point. I can respect someone with a differing opinion who defends that opinion, but it makes it hard to respect someone who can't acknowledge obvious points just for the sake of arguing. Take it for what it is, I'm done.

I acknowledged that SOME experts might rank prince over peterson, but the majority would take peterson. I just stated that in your links, the person or website ranked peterson as the number 1 corner in the draft and prince as the number 2. Its only a silly argument, you dont have to get mad over such a silly thing. Arguments consists of dissecting ones argument and making a nice rebuttal. Thats what ive been doing and the majority of your links have ranked pesterson as the best cornerback. Altho, I must say, our arguments have been fun and friendly, we havent made any pesonal attacks towards each other :). It was fun while it lasted!