Prince or Peterson ?

Blaze1up

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bias or not, Prince appears to be the more polished of the 2. The only concern the pro scouts have is recovery speed. This may be irrelevant based on what team drafts each guy, because teams that run Tampa 2 deep will have 2 deep safeties and allow for deep help. I think they will be pleasantly surprised by Prince's speed at the combine, though. Peterson is an athletic freak, but his technique is not as good as Prince's. From what I have read is that the Lions want him bad, but he won't be around after Dallas picks.

This made me giggle, how is prince more polished when peterson has been playing the cb position longer? Remember prince was CONVERTED to corner while cb is Peterson's NATURAL position. More polished means more experience and understands the position better, obviously peterson woul get the nod in that aspect. Peterson is faster than amukamara and its not even close. Have you even watched Peterson play at all? Peterson is a better coverage corner than prince and can be play better jam coverage. Just curious, how often have you watched Peterson play and tell me how his technique isnt as good a prince's? Also, Prince might be playing safety in the NFL considering scouts question his explosiveness, speed and ability to make plays on ball. But what do the nfl scouts know? Also, Peterson had made more plays on the ball than prince as well.

Thread. Over.

Watched Peterson plenty this year and he was thrown at a hell of a lot more than Prince. Peterson gave up more catches, more yards, and more TD's than Prince. Fact. He also had more picks too. He is a big time playmaker with tons of athletic skill, but his freakish athletic skills allow him to compensate for his sloppy technique and recover and make plays. Like I said in my first post, Prince is more polished, Peterson has more athletic ability. Like I said again, Prince is the better technician at corner, Peterson is the better athlete. Teams don't draft the best player now, they draft the best potential, which is why Peterson grades out higher. I have seen this from many draft experts and scouts. I would rather have a known commodity than a wildcard athlete. Vernon Gholston anyone?

Seriously, this board has resorted to +1'ing this crap? Now THAT makes me giggle.

Typed in Patrick Peterson + sloppy and didn't have much difficulty finding results in the google machine.

http://thenationalfootballreport.com/2011/02/14/2011-nfl-draft-profile-patrick-peterson/

http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/1/19/1945174/2011-nfl-draft-56-underclassmen-declare-as-early-entrants

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3692641

http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=5041

Bias or not, Prince appears to be the more polished of the 2. The only concern the pro scouts have is recovery speed. This may be irrelevant based on what team drafts each guy, because teams that run Tampa 2 deep will have 2 deep safeties and allow for deep help. I think they will be pleasantly surprised by Prince's speed at the combine, though. Peterson is an athletic freak, but his technique is not as good as Prince's. From what I have read is that the Lions want him bad, but he won't be around after Dallas picks.

This made me giggle, how is prince more polished when peterson has been playing the cb position longer? Remember prince was CONVERTED to corner while cb is Peterson's NATURAL position. More polished means more experience and understands the position better, obviously peterson woul get the nod in that aspect. Peterson is faster than amukamara and its not even close. Have you even watched Peterson play at all? Peterson is a better coverage corner than prince and can be play better jam coverage. Just curious, how often have you watched Peterson play and tell me how his technique isnt as good a prince's? Also, Prince might be playing safety in the NFL considering scouts question his explosiveness, speed and ability to make plays on ball. But what do the nfl scouts know? Also, Peterson had made more plays on the ball than prince as well.

Thread. Over.

Watched Peterson plenty this year and he was thrown at a hell of a lot more than Prince. Peterson gave up more catches, more yards, and more TD's than Prince. Fact. He also had more picks too. He is a big time playmaker with tons of athletic skill, but his freakish athletic skills allow him to compensate for his sloppy technique and recover and make plays. Like I said in my first post, Prince is more polished, Peterson has more athletic ability. Like I said again, Prince is the better technician at corner, Peterson is the better athlete. Teams don't draft the best player now, they draft the best potential, which is why Peterson grades out higher. I have seen this from many draft experts and scouts. I would rather have a known commodity than a wildcard athlete. Vernon Gholston anyone?

Seriously, this board has resorted to +1'ing this crap? Now THAT makes me giggle.

http://thenationalfootballreport.com/2011/02/14/2011-nfl-draft-profile-patrick-peterson/

http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/1/19/1945174/2011-nfl-draft-56-underclassmen-declare-as-early-entrants

/le sigh..Ok, here we go.

Please link me those stats. I find it funny you somehow know the stats to an IMMESSURABLE stat. For instance, how can you say it was peterson's fault if they were playin zone coverage and Julio Jones (or whoever the other number one wr on the other team)caught a ball in another person's zone? So, please link me the stats to the bolded part in your post. please give me a link to where it says how many catches, touchdownds, yards that SPECIFICALLY Peterson and Prince gave up.

Also, i spefically asked how Prines technique was better then Peterson's? I aso laugh that you ignore my link, which said Amukamara has sloppy technique yet you give other links saying Peterson's technique is sloppy. Also, your links are one person's opinion who IS NOT an nfl scout. Yes, because bloggers more knowledgeable than NFL scouts, yet they somehow ditched the nfl scouting gig to write blogs? Has fantastic hips and shows the ability to run with elite competition.

Also, your links have stated peterson is BETTER man to man corner, and in the nfl you NEED to be a great man on man cb. So your links, in a way, prove my point. Your links, when you compare the two, have stated Peterson is a better man to man corner..so his technique must not be that bad if they would still prefer Peterson in man coverage. Also, your links still have Peterson listed has better CORNERBACK than Amukamara, which shows that the "technique" wouldnt make that much of a difference. Also, Peterson has played against better competition than Amukmara..did you see what prince did against Blackmon?

In the nfl you have to be a decent jam cb, which is something Amukamara lacks. Also, Peterson doesnt get beat s much in man to man as amukamara sine peterson is better at staying in the hip pocket of the WR. Which NFL scouts have said Amukamara is a better cornerback than Peterson at this specific moment in time?

Please link me to a scout that says "prince amukamara is a better cb than Peterson?" Most of the links you posted ARE NOT nfl scouts opinions, they are more like one person's opinion. I have yet to see a reference to an NFL scout in ANY of your links..

One last point i would like to make. If Prince has such a better technique then Peterson then WHY is peterson a better man to man cb? Technique is more important in man coverage than zone coverage.

P.S., i find it funny that you are complaining about people +1 a post that disagrees with you, very mature mr. Mod. Also, I would like to hear how Prince's technique is better than Peterson's or are you going to ignore that question?

Thread. Over.

Please link me those stats. I find it funny you somehow know the stats to an IMMESSURABLE stat. For instance, how can you say it was peterson's fault if they were playin zone coverage and Julio Jones (or whoever the other number one wr on the other team)caught a ball in another person's zone? So, please link me the stats to the bolded part in your post. please give me a link to where it says how many catches, touchdownds, yards that SPECIFICALLY Peterson and Prince gave up.

Also, i spefically asked how Prines technique was better then Peterson's? I aso laugh that you ignore my link, which said Amukamara has sloppy technique yet you give other links saying Peterson's technique is sloppy. Also, your links are one person's opinion who IS NOT an nfl scout. Yes, because bloggers more knowledgeable than NFL scouts, yet they somehow ditched the nfl scouting gig to write blogs? Has fantastic hips and shows the ability to run with elite competition.

Also, your links have stated peterson is BETTER man to man corner, and in the nfl you NEED to be a great man on man cb. So your links, in a way, prove my point. Your links, when you compare the two, have stated Peterson is a better man to man corner..so his technique must not be that bad if they would still prefer Peterson in man coverage. Also, your links still have Peterson listed has better CORNERBACK than Amukamara, which shows that the "technique" wouldnt make that much of a difference. Also, Peterson has played against better competition than Amukmara..did you see what prince did against Blackmon?

In the nfl you have to be a decent jam cb, which is something Amukamara lacks. Also, Peterson doesnt get beat s much in man to man as amukamara sine peterson is better at staying in the hip pocket of the WR. Which NFL scouts have said Amukamara is a better cornerback than Peterson at this specific moment in time?

Please link me to a scout that says "prince amukamara is a better cb than Peterson?" Most of the links you posted ARE NOT nfl scouts opinions, they are more like one person's opinion. I have yet to see a reference to an NFL scout in ANY of your links..

One last point i would like to make. If Prince has such a better technique then Peterson then WHY is peterson a better man to man cb? Technique is more important in man coverage than zone coverage.

P.S., i find it funny that you are complaining about people +1 a post that disagrees with you, very mature mr. Mod. Also, I would like to hear how Prince's technique is better than Peterson's or are you going to ignore that question?

Mayock and Kiper echo what I have stated thus far. You provided one link that proved your point, I provided 4 that prove my point. My PERSONAL opinion was that Prince was the better corner RIGHT NOW, because that is what this poll is reflecting. WHO IS THE BEST CORNER, RIGHT NOW. I have stated that Peterson has the better upside because of his freakish ability, but Prince is the best pure technician in the draft (something Kiper stated word for word). It's like arguing what you think is better, a Ferrarri or an Aston Martin. I think Prince is the best at this position at this point in time. Peterson is the better athlete and could be a shutdown NFL corner when he gets some more polish. I never once said that Prince is the better PROSPECT, I said he is the better CORNER RIGHT NOW.

As far as Peterson's technique, from what I have seen is that he solely relies upon his athletic ability and playmaking ability and may not be as technically sound. Prince is a little more fluid but not as explosive. Most assessments I have read echo this sentiment as well.

As far as the statistics of "thrown at, completed, yards, TDs" it was posted in one of the last games of the year, possibly the Holiday Bowl, comparing the 2 Corners. Prince was not challenged as much, gave up less catches, yards and TDs. I applaud someone who can locate this and post.

Also, I did not complain about someone +1'ing that post, I said it made me giggle. You took my original post and made it into something that it wasn't and someone agreed with you. I thought it was humorous.

Thread. Over.

Mayock and Kiper echo what I have stated thus far. You provided one link that proved your point, I provided 4 that prove my point. My PERSONAL opinion was that Prince was the better corner RIGHT NOW, because that is what this poll is reflecting. WHO IS THE BEST CORNER, RIGHT NOW. I have stated that Peterson has the better upside because of his freakish ability, but Prince is the best pure technician in the draft (something Kiper stated word for word). It's like arguing what you think is better, a Ferrarri or an Aston Martin. I think Prince is the best at this position at this point in time. Peterson is the better athlete and could be a shutdown NFL corner when he gets some more polish. I never once said that Prince is the better PROSPECT, I said he is the better CORNER RIGHT NOW.

As far as Peterson's technique, from what I have seen is that he solely relies upon his athletic ability and playmaking ability and may not be as technically sound. Prince is a little more fluid but not as explosive. Most assessments I have read echo this sentiment as well.

As far as the statistics of "thrown at, completed, yards, TDs" it was posted in one of the last games of the year, possibly the Holiday Bowl, comparing the 2 Corners. Prince was not challenged as much, gave up less catches, yards and TDs. I applaud someone who can locate this and post.

Also, I did not complain about someone +1'ing that post, I said it made me giggle. You took my original post and made it into something that it wasn't and someone agreed with you. I thought it was humorous.

Mayock and Kiper ARE NOT nfl scouts. Once again, I go by nfl scouts, not the "wannabe" NFL Scouts. IF they were so good at scouting, they would have a job witih a professional team, but do they? No they dont. As of right now, Kiper still thinks Peterson is the cornerback, which is why peterson is higher than Amukamara on his draft board. Please give me an actual link where Kiper or anyone else has said Amukamara is the better cb right now (word for word.) Your 4 links didnt prove your point because they all listed Peterson as the better cb than prince, which is why peterson was the number 1 cb. All your links state Peterson is a great man to man cb while prince isnt so good in man to man.

Yep, Peterson's technique is so much worse than prince, thats why Peterson is the better man to man cb. (even scous an your links have stated the to man comparison.

If you use stats to back up on argument, please show a table an a link. Anyone can make up stats and then say "i seen at awhile ago" but most stats are made up, hence why i wanted a link.

Thread. Over.

Mayock and Kiper ARE NOT nfl scouts. Once again, I go by nfl scouts, not the "wannabe" NFL Scouts. IF they were so good at scouting, they would have a job witih a professional team, but do they? No they dont. As of right now, Kiper still thinks Peterson is the cornerback, which is why peterson is higher than Amukamara on his draft board. Please give me an actual link where Kiper or anyone else has said Amukamara is the better cb right now (word for word.) Your 4 links didnt prove your point because they all listed Peterson as the better cb than prince, which is why peterson was the number 1 cb. All your links state Peterson is a great man to man cb while prince isnt so good in man to man.

Yep, Peterson's technique is so much worse than prince, thats why Peterson is the better man to man cb. (even scous an your links have stated the to man comparison.

If you use stats to back up on argument, please show a table an a link. Anyone can make up stats and then say "i seen at awhile ago" but most stats are made up, hence why i wanted a link.

What?? Kiper rather be a scout for lets say the Chefs then what he's doing now? :dunno:blink:

Thread. Over.

Taken from his latest mock draft having Prince going 9th to the Cowboys:

Kiper writes:

A great value here, Amukamara is the best pure ball-hawking corner in the draft. A technician with outstanding instincts, ball skills and anticipation, he immediately provides an upgrade in the Dallas secondary. The Cowboys need help at corner, and this spot is still a tad too early to go with offensive line help based on current grades, so this makes sense. Amukamara is the kind of player that can help the pass rush and also make quick decisions turn into interceptions.

http://thelandryhat.com/2011/01/20/mel-kipers-first-mock-draft-prince-amukamara-to-cowboys/

I wish I could find the stat info in a consolidated "official" source, but I cannot. What I could find was that Prince relinquished 18 catches on 54 pass attempts, compared to 23 out of 48 against Peterson (not sure where the LSU fans got the Peterson stats). Didn't recall the pass attempts number being that high, but could have been.

http://www.cornnation.com/2011/1/18/1941462/2011-nfl-draft-prince-amukamara-needs-some-husker-love-too

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/23511581/Patrick-Peterson-or-Prince-Amukamara.aspx

According to Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout.com, some teams like Prince MORE than Peterson. This could be because of the style of defense that that particular team plays, their current personnel needs, or just their own analysis of game film. I don't know. Sounds awful similar to what I have said.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1263300

To recap, the stats from this season that I could find (thrown at #'s not CONFIRMED)

Prince: 18/54 11 PBU 0 INT

PP: 23/48 6 PBU 4 INT

Nothing I post is going to sway your opinion, but this is ample evidence to support my opinion and the point I made.

Thread. Over.

Taken from his latest mock draft having Prince going 9th to the Cowboys:

Kiper writes:

A great value here, Amukamara is the best pure ball-hawking corner in the draft. A technician with outstanding instincts, ball skills and anticipation, he immediately provides an upgrade in the Dallas secondary. The Cowboys need help at corner, and this spot is still a tad too early to go with offensive line help based on current grades, so this makes sense. Amukamara is the kind of player that can help the pass rush and also make quick decisions turn into interceptions.

http://thelandryhat.com/2011/01/20/mel-kipers-first-mock-draft-prince-amukamara-to-cowboys/

I wish I could find the stat info in a consolidated "official" source, but I cannot. What I could find was that Prince relinquished 18 catches on 54 pass attempts, compared to 23 out of 48 against Peterson (not sure where the LSU fans got the Peterson stats). Didn't recall the pass attempts number being that high, but could have been.

http://www.cornnation.com/2011/1/18/1941462/2011-nfl-draft-prince-amukamara-needs-some-husker-love-too

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/23511581/Patrick-Peterson-or-Prince-Amukamara.aspx

According to Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout.com, some teams like Prince MORE than Peterson. This could be because of the style of defense that that particular team plays, their current personnel needs, or just their own analysis of game film. I don't know. Sounds awful similar to what I have said.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1263300

To recap, the stats from this season that I could find (thrown at #'s not CONFIRMED)

Prince: 18/54 11 PBU 0 INT

PP: 23/48 6 PBU 4 INT

Nothing I post is going to sway your opinion, but this is ample evidence to support my opinion and the point I made.

I find it funny how your links have prince's ranking as second in cbs while Peterson is first.. Yes, Kiper has prince going at 9 but he also has peterson going on at 7. Peterson was also up against better wrs and qbs. Therefore, if you look at the numbers, they put up identical numbers (this is IF the lsu fans are even corret) while Peterson played superior competition. Dont get me wrong, prince is a good cb but Peterson is just a tad bit better. Also, your links dont prove the points you made because they even have prince second best at his psition, behind Peterson!

I find it funny how your links have prince's ranking as second in cbs while Peterson is first.. Yes, Kiper has prince going at 9 but he also has peterson going on at 7. Peterson was also up against better wrs and qbs. Therefore, if you look at the numbers, they put up identical numbers (this is IF the lsu fans are even corret) while Peterson played superior competition. Dont get me wrong, prince is a good cb but Peterson is just a tad bit better. Also, your links dont prove the points you made because they even have prince second best at his psition, behind Peterson!

:ahhhhhhhh

What about the link I provided from NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM that stated that some teams have Prince slotted AHEAD of Peterson? An NFL Team is not going to share their big board with the public, so a link to this cannot be provided, but if this is being reported by a reputable source, then there has to be some of this sentiment amongst league personnel reps. Pretty sure that completely proved my point, which was that Prince is rated higher by some teams because he is more technically sound and polished AT THIS TIME. Peterson is the better athlete and future prospect. End of story.

I love it when people insist that other people provide links to "prove" their opinion.

There is nothing wrong with providing links, in fact, it is very helpful for an argument. Im guessing you havent done many research papers in which you have to cite references..because its the same concept as someone providing a link for their argument

Yeah but you're not going to prove something as objective as this. There is no right or wrong answer.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.......