Derron Williams to the Nets

husker_99

Absolutely stupid. First you get rid of the best coach you had then you trade your best player because of the coach. Should've kept one or the other.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6150419

It isn't like they fired Sloan. He retired, he could've stayed if he really wanted to. They did get two good players for Deron though. Harris is a good guard (he's no Deron Williams but still good) and Derrick Favors is a good/young rookie bigman. I believe he will become one of the better bigmen in the league in a couple years.

Absolutely stupid. First you get rid of the best coach you had then you trade your best player because of the coach. Should've kept one or the other.

It isn't like they fired Sloan. He retired, he could've stayed if he really wanted to. They did get two good players for Deron though. Harris is a good guard (he's no Deron Williams but still good) and Derrick Favors is a good/young rookie bigman. I believe he will become one of the better bigmen in the league in a couple years.

But Sloan retired because of Derron. Just because he officially retired doesn't mean he wasn't forced out. They did get good players for him but the Jazz have been dropping since they start letting their players go. I mean a couple of years ago they had a good team and would've made it to the finals if not for the Lakers. the 97-98 Jazz teams were very good but just ran into a much better team like the Bulls. Too many players give up on teams and want to go to other teams.

But Sloan retired because of Derron. Just because he officially retired doesn't mean he wasn't forced out. They did get good players for him but the Jazz have been dropping since they start letting their players go. I mean a couple of years ago they had a good team and would've made it to the finals if not for the Lakers. the 97-98 Jazz teams were very good but just ran into a much better team like the Bulls. Too many players give up on teams and want to go to other teams.

Didn't you like it when basketball teams didn't need 3 star athletes to have success in the NBA. I'm starting to get sick of big 3's. A team is 12 players not 3. I wish sometimes we basketball could go back to teams like the 76ers w/ Iverson to make the finals or the Bulls w/ MJ. Those were great teams, not just a Big 3.

Didn't you like it when basketball teams didn't need 3 star athletes to have success in the NBA. I'm starting to get sick of big 3's. A team is 12 players not 3. I wish sometimes we basketball could go back to teams like the 76ers w/ Iverson to make the finals or the Bulls w/ MJ. Those were great teams, not just a Big 3.

Dude, MJ didn't start winning championships until Pippen got there...

I knew you would say that. Pippen is a 7 time All-Star yes, but his career stats 16.1 ppg 6.4 rpg 5.2 apg. Are those All Star numbers? I do not think so. He would not make an all star team in todays game. He is a good team player no doubt about that, in fact he is a great team player. But Scottie Pippen was not a "star" player. Allen Iverson also didn't have a star player with him, he had a bunch of great team players. The 76ers had success when Iverson played for them. They made it to the NBA Finals in 2001 and lost to the lakers (whoooooo!). Even the lakers never needed a Big 3 to win championships. They could do it with 2 and a great supporting cast. That is another reason I love the Lakers. They will beat you no matter how many stars you have. Everyone thinks the Heat will win the NBA Finals this year. But I'll bet my life they don't. Trust me the Lakers will 3-peat.

I knew you would say that. Pippen is a 7 time All-Star yes, but his career stats 16.1 ppg 6.4 rpg 5.2 apg. Are those All Star numbers? I do not think so. He would not make an all star team in todays game. He is a good team player no doubt about that, in fact he is a great team player. But Scottie Pippen was not a "star" player. Allen Iverson also didn't have a star player with him, he had a bunch of great team players. The 76ers had success when Iverson played for them. They made it to the NBA Finals in 2001 and lost to the lakers (whoooooo!). Even the lakers never needed a Big 3 to win championships. They could do it with 2 and a great supporting cast. That is another reason I love the Lakers. They will beat you no matter how many stars you have. Everyone thinks the Heat will win the NBA Finals this year. But I'll bet my life they don't. Trust me the Lakers will 3-peat.

:rollin:rollin:rollin No way they three peat. They are old and play no defense whatsoever. San Antonio or Dallas will represent the western conference. Hopefully Dallas, but they have the first round curse haunting them. I think they break that this year. Dirk is having a lights out season, possible MVP season.

8 time NBA All Defensive First Team (consecutive)

3 time NBA All First Team

7 time NBA All Star

Named to the 50 greatest in NBA History

What the hell else do you want?? Turn water into wine, bat clean up so the Cubs can win a world series, seriously?

:rollin:rollin:rollin No way they three peat. They are old and play no defense whatsoever. San Antonio or Dallas will represent the western conference. Hopefully Dallas, but they have the first round curse haunting them. I think they break that this year. Dirk is having a lights out season, possible MVP season.

I agree, I don't think they three repeat. It's not that I don't think they have it in them it's just that they have too much competition against them. Plus they really don't have a playoff experience advantage against Boston or San Antonio so I think the Lakers will have a hard time winning a 7 game series against them without the home court advantage.

7 time NBA All Star

What the hell else do you want?? Turn water into wine, bat clean up so the Cubs can win a world series, seriously?

I think he is saying Pippen wouldn't be an All-star in todays day and age when all the all-stars average close to 25 a game. And even with Pippen, its still only a big 2, not a Big 3. I think every good team needs one star, one really good role player and some other good supporting casts. With the Bulls it was MJ was the star, Pippen was the really good role player and Kerr, Kukoch, Longley, etc. were the good supporting cast. I don't like how every team is just getting three star players now, either. I like Dallas bc they are so good, play really good defense and their only All-star is Dirk. And now they have Peja on their team to help with the scoring. Dallas will win the NBA championship this year.

7 time NBA All Star

I think he is saying Pippen wouldn't be an All-star in todays day and age when all the all-stars average close to 25 a game. And even with Pippen, its still only a big 2, not a Big 3. I think every good team needs one star, one really good role player and some other good supporting casts. With the Bulls it was MJ was the star, Pippen was the really good role player and Kerr, Kukoch, Longley, etc. were the good supporting cast. I don't like how every team is just getting three star players now, either. I like Dallas bc they are so good, play really good defense and their only All-star is Dirk. And now they have Peja on their team to help with the scoring. Dallas will win the NBA championship this year.

I hate the Lakers, but it's gonna be them and the Celtics in the Finals...

To much size for teh Mav's in a 7 game series..

7 time NBA All Star

I agree with you on that. Go Lakers!!!

7 time NBA All Star

I have to respectfully disagree. Tyson Chandler is having a pretty good season. And nobody on the Lakers can guard Dirk

P.S. it won't be a 7 game series. 5 or 6 at the most. Id say Dallas 4-2, but I can see Dallas 4-1. Dallas wins both at home, splits on road and wins game 5 at home.

I have to respectfully disagree. Tyson Chandler is having a pretty good season. And nobody on the Lakers can guard Dirk

P.S. it won't be a 7 game series. 5 or 6 at the most. Id say Dallas 4-2, but I can see Dallas 4-1. Dallas wins both at home, splits on road and wins game 5 at home.

Nobody on the Lakers has to care about Dirk. Let him score 50. Shutdown the other 4 guys, and Dirk can be Jesus Christ and a f*cking death ray, and it won't matter. Dirk is one guy, you don't worry about him.

The Lakers could slow it down, play half court, and just pound them to death down low.