Former Alabama Fullback transferring to Nebraska?

Doesn't make much sense... Where would he fit in our offense?

What is our offense? Seems I remember a change happening.

Spread option, which is by all accounts what we're going to be running. I don't see many fullbacks at Florida or Auburn or Oregon.

And you know Tim Beck is going to be running the spread offense how? It seems he mentioned before about running the ball more, that doesn't sound like a spread offense to me.

Uh there are running based spread offenses you know, Oregon being a great example.

And from my understanding, Pelini has been trying to install a spread offense at Nebraska ever since he was named HC. So Beck better be running a variation of the spread.

Yea, but how much of that is what Pelini really wanted. Let's face it some of us thought the only reason why Pelini stayed with a spread offense is because we retained Watson. Now that Watson is out, do you all think that same offense is going to implemented after the reason why we kept it from the Callahan era is no longer with coaching staff?

But I'm getting off topic here.

Sorry to seem rude (truely not my intention), but what the heck are you talking about? Watson was forced into a spread scheme by Pelini. Wats was a West Coast guy, and many people believed he left because he couldn't operate the spread offense Pelini wanted.

Also Callahan never ran a spread... actually far from it. He was a huge proponent of the West Coast. I think you might be confused to what the Spread Offense is haha.

Spread option, which is by all accounts what we're going to be running. I don't see many fullbacks at Florida or Auburn or Oregon.

RR did have a hell of a fullback in Owen Schmitt back at WV.

RR did have a hell of a fullback in Owen Schmitt back at WV.

Yeah. Dude carried the ball too. In his last season, he broke 3 facemasks....

It's almost official but until it is we will hear nothing about it. As far as our offense, it is going to be unique I suspect. I expect something like a power running game mixed with the option/spread attack but it will be more of a running attack than it is passing. The passing we do I suspect will be more short passes and screens with potentially some play action. I hate trying to put a name or compare it to another team. I want Nebraska to just go be Nebraska. Have people say in off season that they want to run Nebraska offense. Until we see what we run I'm going to take anything anyone says with a grain of salt.....why would coaches want to say what they are going to run?

It'd be cool to be unique, and with the guy sitting in the AD's office, they have a great offensive mind to pick.

On a side note, I watched both the 96 Fiesta Bowl and the 98 Orange Bowl last night. I did not realize how much Dr. Tom changed our offense in 2 years. It was amazing how different they were.

Also, for the first time, I really, really watched how McBride used the zone blitz/Steeler package in the Fiesta Bowl. It was incredible.

Back on topic, so, is this kid coming to DONU or what?