Early NU-Iowa games

Council Bluffs paper

If history is any indicator, fans of both teams are in for a treat – especially in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area, where the series originated. The longest contiguous stretch of games between the two teams was 1891-1899, with all but the last one featured on Thanksgiving Day. One year, they even held a grudge match and played again two days later.

Good article - three things caught my attention

1 - they played two games in Council Tucky

B - Council Tucky has a newspaper

3rd - people in Council Tucky can read

:sarcasm

Council Bluffs paper

If history is any indicator, fans of both teams are in for a treat – especially in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area, where the series originated. The longest contiguous stretch of games between the two teams was 1891-1899, with all but the last one featured on Thanksgiving Day. One year, they even held a grudge match and played again two days later.

Good article - three things caught my attention

1 - they played two games in Council Tucky

B - Council Tucky has a newspaper

3rd - people in Council Tucky can read

:sarcasm

Let's just hope the "beautiful" sculptures in that great city don't scare the fans away. I'm not sure the rest of Iowa knows what awaits them as they come west. Gawd awful !!!

When going through the histories I found it interesting that were it not for racial tensions between us and Missouri we likely would have ended up in the Big 8 with you.

techically you actually did belong to the forerunner of the big 8, the big 6(or the mviaa), from 1907 to 1911.