Officiating

DaveH

anyone notice in last nights game that after lekevin fumbled and t tech got the ball back that the officials started the clock. ON a change in possession it shouldn't start. With those 20 seconds we may have had time for a field goal.

Does that really count as a change of posession? At the beginning and at the end of that play, Tech had posession.

anyone notice in last nights game that after lekevin fumbled and t tech got the ball back that the officials started the clock.  ON a change in possession it shouldn't start.  With those 20 seconds we may have had time for a field goal.

Does that really count as a change of posession? At the beginning and at the end of that play, Tech had posession.

I think it does because it was a change in possession. You get a fresh set of downs from the change of possession.

anyone notice in last nights game that after lekevin fumbled and t tech got the ball back that the officials started the clock.  ON a change in possession it shouldn't start.  With those 20 seconds we may have had time for a field goal.

I think it does because it was a change in possession. You get a fresh set of downs from the change of possession.

True, they did.

Is there an illegal hands to the face penalty in college football? The 2nd play of the game Moore was splitting double team and the O-lineman just hooked is hand under Moore's facemask and pushed his head back. There was at least three times when either he or Carriker had their helmet pushed clean off. That stuff made me sick.

Yea, I think this deserves a bump.

The guy who was the ref at the Baylor game is the worst. Him and his f'ing N'Sync headset.

I have never liked Steve Usechek. That sight of him makes my skin crawl. Him and his crew are the worst Big12 officiating crew in my opinion. His crew was the one who officiated that infamous pass interference call against Nebraska in the 1999 game against Texas that lead to the lone loss on the season.

Yea, I think this deserves a bump.

The guy who was the ref at the Baylor game is the worst. Him and his f'ing N'Sync headset.

I have never liked Steve Usechek. That sight of him makes my skin crawl. Him and his crew are the worst Big12 officiating crew in my opinion. His crew was the one who officiated that infamous pass interference call against Nebraska in the 1999 game against Texas that lead to the lone loss on the season.

Yup. I still think the officiating this year in the Big 12 has been way below par. I usually don't make a big deal out of officiating, but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

Why was there no flag when that Baylor defenseman took his helmet off after jawing with a Husker AND the official?

Roughing the passer? Sorry. That rule is in place to protect QB's. The kid got pushed over a half a step too late. This is football, not a Pampered Chef party (Thanks DJR)

I browsed the Baylor board and they had quite a bit to say on the officiating as well. Lots of questionable calls...I was hoping to see several holding penalties that weren't called. They didnt let the players compete for passes either, calling lots of interference.

I knew the moment Nunn scored the TD and got flipped around and thrown like a rag doll and there was no unsportsmanlike foul on Baylor after it, that the officiating was going to blow in the game.

I browsed the Baylor board and they had quite a bit to say on the officiating as well. Lots of questionable calls...I was hoping to see several holding penalties that weren't called. They didnt let the players compete for passes either, calling lots of interference.

Yea i saw that too, although a lot of folks over there seem to think we got most of the "bad calls". I don't agree. All 14 of their points were helped with some odd call. "Simultaneous recovery"? You gotta be kidding me.