Burkhead says Brown will make NU backs tougher

Nexus

LINCOLN — Rex Burkhead's eyes light up when you mention Nebraska's new running backs coach, and it's easy to understand why.

If you've been around either for any length of time, you know Burkhead and longtime assistant Ron Brown are pretty much cut from the same cloth. They go about their business with an intensity, purpose and motivation that are not hard to notice.

Continue Reading

Man you gotta love how Rex is taking this year on. He seems to be the one stepping out publically as a leader. He is already one of my favorite players of all time. You can not ask for a player to demonstrate the way Nebraska players do thing more than Rex has. From all accounts he is one of the hardest working players on the team. He does as he is asked. Great guy and I would root for him even if he didn't play for Nebraska. Sexy Rexy is going to tear up the BIG 10 like a pitbull on a 2 year old.

Man you gotta love how Rex is taking this year on. He seems to be the one stepping out publically as a leader. He is already one of my favorite players of all time. You can not ask for a player to demonstrate the way Nebraska players do thing more than Rex has. From all accounts he is one of the hardest working players on the team. He does as he is asked. Great guy and I would root for him even if he didn't play for Nebraska. Sexy Rexy is going to tear up the BIG 10 like a pitbull on a 2 year old.

+1 He is a quality person.

i just hope someone can coach this team down from 26 fumbles....don't care who it is.

This

Leading the nation in fumbles is a great way to blow games.

Just look at the last game. We were moving the rock at the start. They recover and get a big return, subseqently they score and not only are we behind but the whole dynamic of that game is changed.

Texas's first td came after a fumble and maybe we'd have managed to not blow our leg off and actually score if not for one of those other drive-killers.

Hope this O can avoid blowing their legs off with stupidity that plagued us last season-fumbles, dropped-passes, penalties, and qb-brainlock.