Buying a new Verizon phone....

Have you heard anything about this Samsung Charge? I kept seeing the commercials for it and apparently you can win one.

I'd stay away from any Samsung phone. I will never buy another Samsung phone because they are horrible about providing updates to their phones. The Samsung Fascinate which has been available through Verizon since September/October finally got the 2.2 Froyo update 3 days ago where all other droid phones already have the Froyo since September and are now getting the Gingerbread update within the next few weeks or month or two.

I had the Fascinate before my iPhone 4 and it was a horrible phone. Bad reception, noise cancelation sucked, laggy, and the GPS was HORRIBLE.

Would you rather have your iPhone or go back to the Droid X?

I'm trying to do as much research as possible since I've been burned the last couple times with the phones I've bought.

I'm trying to do as much research as possible since I've been burned the last couple times with the phones I've bought.

The only reason I'd go back to a Droid are:

1. The 4.3" screen

2. Make custom sounds and ringtones on the spot

The noise cancelation on the Droid X was outstanding but the speaker volume is what killed that phone for me. I could hardly hear it go off and my buddy was having the same issue, missed numerous phone calls because of it. It was hard finding a case that didn't make the phone less bulky and felt like I had a brick in my pocket.

But the Droid X is a very solid phone that is still popular to date and its been on the market for almost a year. Would I trade in my iPhone 4 to get the X? NO!!! I'm very pleased with the speaker volume on the iPhone 4 and the camera. I take numerous pictures and videos on my phone so I wanted a good camera. The X has a good camera but the Fascinate has a by far better camera than the X but the X still takes good pictures.

The noise cancelation is outstanding on my iPhone 4. My brother couldn't hear the wind at all when walking back to my vehicle after the Red/White spring game and it was windy out and the wife couldn't hear my uncle talking to me when he was standing 3-4 feet away from me. I do miss having custom sounds for text and voicemail alerts but I can live without that feature cause all of my prevous phones had 15+ custom sounds and it got to the point where I didn't use all of those sounds.

I'm EXTREMELY happy with my iPhone 4 and wouldn't go back to the Droid X because my iPhone 4 has more pros than cons when I compared it to the X.

• Fire 1

The only reason I'd go back to a Droid are:

1. The 4.3" screen

2. Make custom sounds and ringtones on the spot

The noise cancelation on the Droid X was outstanding but the speaker volume is what killed that phone for me. I could hardly hear it go off and my buddy was having the same issue, missed numerous phone calls because of it. It was hard finding a case that didn't make the phone less bulky and felt like I had a brick in my pocket.

But the Droid X is a very solid phone that is still popular to date and its been on the market for almost a year. Would I trade in my iPhone 4 to get the X? NO!!! I'm very pleased with the speaker volume on the iPhone 4 and the camera. I take numerous pictures and videos on my phone so I wanted a good camera. The X has a good camera but the Fascinate has a by far better camera than the X but the X still takes good pictures.

The noise cancelation is outstanding on my iPhone 4. My brother couldn't hear the wind at all when walking back to my vehicle after the Red/White spring game and it was windy out and the wife couldn't hear my uncle talking to me when he was standing 3-4 feet away from me. I do miss having custom sounds for text and voicemail alerts but I can live without that feature cause all of my prevous phones had 15+ custom sounds and it got to the point where I didn't use all of those sounds.

I'm EXTREMELY happy with my iPhone 4 and wouldn't go back to the Droid X because my iPhone 4 has more pros than cons when I compared it to the X.

Hmmm. Are you going to try to get an iPhone 5 when it comes out?

It always seems that my phones crap out on me right before the new stuff comes out and I'm stuck with the "old" technology or something. You've kinda got me thinking about the iPhone 4 now. I wasn't really going to consider it until today. I still need to go play with all of them.

That Life Proof case is a good selling point for the iPhone for me too since I seem to have the dropsies when it comes to phones.

Hmmm. Are you going to try to get an iPhone 5 when it comes out?

It always seems that my phones crap out on me right before the new stuff comes out and I'm stuck with the "old" technology or something. You've kinda got me thinking about the iPhone 4 now. I wasn't really going to consider it until today. I still need to go play with all of them.

That Life Proof case is a good selling point for the iPhone for me too since I seem to have the dropsies when it comes to phones.

When I got my iPhone 4 I added a new line for an extra $10 because I wasn't satisfied with the Fascinate and needed a new phone. I'm available for an update in May 2012 on my main line and I might get the iPhone 5 but then again I'm might stay with the iPhone 4 for a while cause I really like the phone.

The LifeProof case will come in handy. I won't be taking it under water but it will come in handy when I'm at a football game and its raining or when I'm deer hunting and I drop my phone in the snow it'll be well protected.