I'm not an Apple fan even though I do own an iPhone 4 but my laptop (Toshiba) and my wifes desktop (Dell) are not Apple products. When everybody is comparing their products whether its a cell phones or a tablet, they are always comparing it to an iPhone or iPad....Apple must be doing something right.

On a side note the Motorola Xoom is priced at $799 compared to the 64GB iPad 2 at $699

Apple is successful because of pretty good products and absurdly good marketing.

Amen... I do own a Mac Book Pro (no I am not rich, just unmarried) and it has been in to Apple several times, and needs to go back again. To be fair they have always fixed the issues for free. Apple doesn't advertise recalls, but they are out there tons of them, and I have been lucky to get in on a few. There ability to advertise and make every other product live up to them is amazing, even though the perception is better than the truth.

One caveat, that sexy aluminum case dents very easily... I have more than one from seemingly simple run ins...