Huskers' D could create prep headache

Carl earns his stripes.

Agreed.

Now, if Bo does get an offer from tOSU and leaves, am I the only one that thinks Carl will be asked to take over (provided Carl hasn't moved on himself by then)?

Bo is not the first, second, or maybe evn third person that tOSU would call right away. Not to worried about tOSU, until Bo finally wins something of importance.

5 - 2 - 4 base scheme

+ lockdown bump corners

+ fastest LB crew in the B10

+ deepest DL in 10 years

+ Pelini bro's

Big Ten in Big Trouble

I've seen 5-2-4 talk somewhere else. Also, only heard about a minute of it yesterday, but USC was talking about how the Pelini's put the best 11 on the field and about how they thought the interior D-line was a strength. Never heard them mention a 5-2-4 but the way they were talking, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they were talking about. Have I missed something? Do most people think a 5 man front is the way NU is going?

5 - 2 - 4 base scheme

+ lockdown bump corners

+ deepest DL in 10 years

+ Pelini bro's

Big Ten in Big Trouble

I've seen 5-2-4 talk somewhere else. Also, only heard about a minute of it yesterday, but USC was talking about how the Pelini's put the best 11 on the field and about how they thought the interior D-line was a strength. Never heard them mention a 5-2-4 but the way they were talking, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they were talking about. Have I missed something? Do most people think a 5 man front is the way NU is going?

You're not missing anything. blasted_imposter is incorrect about the 5-2-4 being the base scheme. The base scheme will still be the 4-3.

The Pelini brothers are including a "50" package as part of the defensive package but it's more of a change of pace/situational defense than a base defense.

McKewon had an excellent article about it recently. Check it out here. It's basically a variation of the spinner scheme that we used during the Missouri game.

• Fire 1

5 - 2 - 4 base scheme

+ lockdown bump corners

+ deepest DL in 10 years

+ Pelini bro's

Big Ten in Big Trouble

You're not missing anything. blasted_imposter is incorrect about the 5-2-4 being the base scheme. The base scheme will still be the 4-3.

The Pelini brothers are including a "50" package as part of the defensive package but it's more of a change of pace/situational defense than a base defense.

McKewon had an excellent article about it recently. Check it out here. It's basically a variation of the spinner scheme that we used during the Missouri game.

Thank you much! I was afraid I had somehow missed something major.