Leach quote

kramer

Leach quoteRed Raiders.com

Nebraska fans, over a period of several years, developed a reputation for good sportsmanship - better than most as college football crowds go. Tech coach Mike Leach sounds wary of being drawn in.

"Everybody talks about everybody (at Nebraska home games) being all friendly," Leach said. "You know, none of them are friendly. They all want their guys to win. We're not their guys. We're the other guys. That's part of what makes college football exciting is that very thing."

Lest Nebraska fans be offended, Leach said he's looking forward to Saturday's trip to Lincoln, Neb. Leach talked up Memorial Stadium, for how loud it is and for its history, among other things.

"They have a lot of tradition there," Leach said. "It's exciting to go there. You know, Tommy Lee went there. I don't really have too much of his stuff, but he's a rock 'n' roll icon. So the chance to go play at the school where Tommy Lee was in the band for a very brief period of time's exciting."

Ya know, that IS a good question. Such random comments, he's either on something or he's just off his rocker.

And btw, Husker fans are nice.. no we don't want your guys to win. But when it comes to personal interaction with your fans, your players and coaching staff before/after the game... when your player gets injured. There's no better fans. Leach has never played here?

Leach is a very odd guy, yes, but some of his quotes have become somewhat legendary on the RaiderPower site. There used to be a thread devoted to "Leachisms", I was going to post a link to it here, but couldn't find it. He doesn't give the same ol' coachspeak that you hear out of so many coaches these days. When he first came to Lubbock a lot of people hated the guy. My wife still doesn't understand him half the time, but I think he's great. I met the guy though so she didn't have the benefit of meeting him and hearing our conversation which was pretty normal. Somebody asked if he had been to Lincoln, yes he has I think it would have been either 2000 or 2001, I can't remember the last time Tech was up there. I can't wait to get up there. I'm leaving for Lubbock today and picking up some friends in the morning to head that way. Looks like the cold front moved in just in time for the trip. This will be my first visit to Memorial Stadium and hopefully not my last. I was lucky enough to go to Wrigley Field earlier this year and this is going to be right up there with that as far as I'm concerned. Good luck this weekend to both teams!

Leach is a very odd guy, yes, but some of his quotes have become somewhat legendary on the RaiderPower site. There used to be a thread devoted to "Leachisms", I was going to post a link to it here, but couldn't find it. He doesn't give the same ol' coachspeak that you hear out of so many coaches these days. When he first came to Lubbock a lot of people hated the guy. My wife still doesn't understand him half the time, but I think he's great. I met the guy though so she didn't have the benefit of meeting him and hearing our conversation which was pretty normal. Somebody asked if he had been to Lincoln, yes he has I think it would have been either 2000 or 2001, I can't remember the last time Tech was up there. I can't wait to get up there. I'm leaving for Lubbock today and picking up some friends in the morning to head that way. Looks like the cold front moved in just in time for the trip. This will be my first visit to Memorial Stadium and hopefully not my last. I was lucky enough to go to Wrigley Field earlier this year and this is going to be right up there with that as far as I'm concerned. Good luck this weekend to both teams!

I like this guy! He doesn't get all pissy and insulting like most of those Montana fans did.