Student Seating Question for Students

How does the student seating work now at Lincoln? WHen I was there back in the mid 90's you actually had a seat, now it looks like you kind of just take any seat you want, right?

Does that work well?

Are you stuck in line forever?

How early do you get to a game now?

First come, first serve.

Depends on the game, big games I'll get there about 3-4 hours before, otherwise about 2 hours before.

Have you seen the movie 300? That's what it is. It's pretty fun, but its also very unsafe. I remember for the Texas game last students knocked down one of the barriers.

Lol yeah there have been a couple times where a girl in front of me falls and I jumped over her, but she gets trampled and causes a huge pile up.

How does the student seating work now at Lincoln? WHen I was there back in the mid 90's you actually had a seat, now it looks like you kind of just take any seat you want, right?

Does that work well?

First come, first serve.

Depends on the game, big games I'll get there about 3-4 hours before, otherwise about 2 hours before.

Are the tailgates that you go to that bad?

Does that work well?

First come, first serve.

I don't go to tailgates, I'm more worried about getting a better seat. I know it's pretty lame.

Does that work well?

First come, first serve.

You have to get sh**ty before you get in line, or while in line, that way its a big drunken race up the stadium. But if you can find someone to save you a seat that gets there early than your set. It's funny to walk the student section after people leave, its littered with little shooter bottles

Does that work well?

First come, first serve.

Its not even like that. If you want any sort of a respectable seat, you show up 2 hours early. Otherwise we're stuck up in that far corner of south stadium where TO banished the students to a few years ago, or way up under the upper deck in east stadium. Trust me, I'd tailgate HARD if I could, but its simply not really an option if you actually care about seeing the game

edit, and of course people bring flasks and stuff but that is pretty lame compared to an actual tailgate

Does that work well?

You're assigned to either east or south depending on your academic year and available seats in either section. From there, you can sit wherever you want to in the assigned sections.

In my opinion, it's a bad system but it's a necessary one. It's bad because if you're not there at least 30 minutes before they open the gates, you're more than likely sitting one third of the way up or higher. And, the later you get there, the more chance you have of being surrounded by 30 sorority sisters who treat the game like a social event instead of an actual football game.

It's a necessary system, however, because these are students and they want to sit with their friends. If it wasn't general admission you'd have students constantly taking each other's seats and causing problems.

Back when my dad went to school (late 70's), they used to just assign you seats anywhere in the stadium instead of just one section.

Thats great!

When you sneak in booze on the student side is it difficult at all?

It never seemed to be back in the 90's.

Nope, like I said its just a mad rush, so the ushers open the gates and gtfoutta the way, because it is out of control. They really have no way of searching you unless they would implement a single file system, which honestly wouldn't surprise me with the injuries they've had.

I'll also say that it varies with the game. clearly a western kentucky or an arkansas state type game, you can show up an hour early and get a decent seat. But for a Texas/OU/Ohio St game, forget about it.

Sneaking booze in isn't that hard I'm sure, I haven't tried it though. They don't normally pat you down but even if they do I doubt they'd find a well-hidden flask. The security guys are really lazy about their job.

The system as a whole is OK, its just that they keep pushing the students further and further back into the corner and the upper parts of the stadium so they can sell more tickets. which really sucks for us when we pay thousands for tuition, but whatever. Mostly if they keep pushing students back, it will make the game atmosphere worse and worse because there are a lot of blue-hairs in the NU crowd, and students really bring the life to any college crowd. Keep the students close to the action.