Boise State hit with major sanctions

NCAA cites Boise St. for lack of control

The NCAA has charged Boise State with a lack of institutional control following an alleged major violation in women's tennis and secondary violations in four sports, including football.

The secondary violations in football involved impermissible housing, transportation and/or meals to prospective student-athletes from 2005 to 2009.

In all, the NCAA found the total value of impermissible benefits over five years was $4,934 for all of the housing, transportation and meals provided to 63 incoming student-athletes. All services ranged from $2.34 to a maximum of $417.55 and have been reimbursed by the student-athletes.

Ruh-roh, Raggy.

Football team will just get a slap on the hand. However the womens tennis team might face the death penalty, :sarcasm .

BSU womens tennis.. WHO CAN WE STEAL? thread needs to get started.

Some of those athletes are worth stealing for one's own personal tennis team, but you wouldn't want the ensuing matches to be televised. Interpret that how you want.

• Fire 1

Football team will just get a slap on the hand. However the womens tennis team might face the death penalty, :sarcasm .

Some of those athletes are worth stealing for one's own personal tennis team, but you wouldn't want the ensuing matches to be televised. Interpret that how you want.

i'll bring the kiddy pool if you bring the KY.

i'll bring the kiddy pool if you bring the KY.

It will take 6 to 8 weeks for the industrial sized cans to arrive. :LOLtartar

old_guys_1.jpg

i'll bring the kiddy pool if you bring the KY chloroform.

Fixed

Fixed

Hey does the towel smell like Chloroform to you?

Fixed

Hey does the towel smell like Chloroform to you?

And to think that this thread started with the intention of users discussing the effects of the sanctions on Boise's football program...:)

Boise State self-imposes sanctions

Boise State has self-imposed sanctions on its football program as it faces NCAA allegations charging the school's athletic program with a lack of institutional control.

The NCAA brought the charges after finding 22 violations, including a major violation in women's tennis and minor violations in football and three other sports, according to a report made public by the school and the NCAA on Monday.

The Broncos will have at least three fewer preseason practices before their game against Georgia on Sept. 3, according to documents obtained by The Idaho Statesman.

The school also will have three fewer scholarships to give in the next two years, and three fewer practices before the season opener against Michigan State in 2012 as well, according to the report.

The NCAA can accept these punishments or dole out stiffer penalties following its Committee on Infractions meeting June 10.

ESPN Link

I'd be willing to settle this dispute if they would just paint their stupid smurf turf green like everyone else.

Amen to that, but with all the new red, orange, and purple/gray fields, I don't see the NCAA forcing anything like that these jokers