Jim Delany calls Huskers "The Packers of the Big Ten"

he said. "I haven't heard a negative thing from fans, coaches, administrators, presidents, everybody."

Delany must not have been on Iowa's forums or he would have rephrased the fans part (since we are the cause to everything that changed in their eyes).

But do agree that it would be awesome if they had the Baseball in Omaha. Atleast it will give purpose of building the damn thing anyway.

Besides Creighton using it and the College World Series, yea it would be nice to have an added event that will draw many fans from all over the midwest to Omaha. On Husker Sports Nightly tonight, they mentioned throwing the ballpark in Des Moines into the mix. Right now it is played in Columbus, Ohio. I'd rather take Columbus, Ohio and Omaha, Nebraska than putting Des Moines, IA into the mix as a third spot, two spots are enough.

I think the Nighthawks are playing there too, but Im not 100%.

They do but it's only like 4 home games and possibly the championship game.

he said. "I haven't heard a negative thing from fans, coaches, administrators, presidents, everybody."

Delany must not have been on Iowa's forums or he would have rephrased the fans part (since we are the cause to everything that changed in their eyes).

But do agree that it would be awesome if they had the Baseball in Omaha. Atleast it will give purpose of building the damn thing anyway.

Besides Creighton using it and the College World Series, yea it would be nice to have an added event that will draw many fans from all over the midwest to Omaha. On Husker Sports Nightly tonight, they mentioned throwing the ballpark in Des Moines into the mix. Right now it is played in Columbus, Ohio. I'd rather take Columbus, Ohio and Omaha, Nebraska than putting Des Moines, IA into the mix as a third spot, two spots are enough.

I think the Nighthawks are playing there too, but Im not 100%.

Yea the nighthawks play there too, but thats about 4 games a year. Does creighton play all of there home games at TD Ameritrade????? I have only heard about KU and Nebraska playing against creighton in that stadium.

Wisconsin. That's the Packers of the Big 10. Green Bay and its traditions are unique to that state. Watch a Wisconsin game and notice how many fans are wearing the cheese head thing.

Does that mean we are the "Kansas City Chiefs of the Big Ten"?

OH NO!!!

Good joke Packers only won like 2 superbowls, while we won 5 national titles and have a 70% winning record

This comparison is a disgrace to husker football. Trying to make Green Bay look good :facepalm:

You're the joke methinks. Oh and i can use the facepalm too :facepalm:

Wisconsin. That's the Packers of the Big 10. Green Bay and its traditions are unique to that state. Watch a Wisconsin game and notice how many fans are wearing the cheese head thing.

Not a chance in hell. Wisconsin (the school) is typified by obnoxious, hyper-Liberal (sorry, Dems), elitist young kids who engage in rancorous, often disgusting chants and traditions at the games. From everything I've seen and heard, one word comes to mind when I think of Badger fandom: Debauchery.

Green Bay fans, on the other hand, represent the blue collar, hardworking, Conservative ideals on which this country was founded. Green Bay fans are passionate but not obnoxious. They are small town, good natured folk who love their team unconditionally and have a high football IQ.

Probably the only thing that the Wisconsin Badgers and Green Bay Packers have in common is that they both play in the State of Wisconsin. Otherwise, their culture couldn't be more different.