US DOJ asks the NCAA a question

Good for you knapplc. Im more worried about paying $4.00 a gallon gas. My job being cut to 4 days because the price of diesel is even higher, plus nobody is buying the goods I deliver, because gas is so much and people are out of jobs. People are scraping enough to go to the grocery store and some are more concerned with BCS. ISNT AMERICA GREAT!!!!!!!!

So you think ALL of congress should be focused on the price of gas and groceries? All of them? Really?

For gits and shiggles I looked up the listing of government agencies. Here's "A"

* Administration for Children and Families (ACF)

* Administration for Native Americans

* Administration on Aging (AoA)

* Administration on Developmental Disabilities

* Administrative Committee of the Federal Register

* Administrative Conference of the United States

* Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts

* Advisory Council on Historic Preservation

* African Development Foundation

* Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)

* Agency for International Development

* Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry

* Agricultural Marketing Service

* Agricultural Research Service

* Agriculture Department (USDA)

* Air Force

* Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives Bureau (Justice)

* Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (Treasury)

* American Battle Monuments Commission

* American Samoa Home Page

* AMTRAK (National Railroad Passenger Corporation)

* Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service

* Appalachian Regional Commission

* Architect of the Capitol

* Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board (Access Board)

* Archives (National Archives and Records Administration)

* Arctic Research Commission

* Armed Forces Retirement Home

* Arms Control and International Security

* Army

* Army Corps of Engineers

* Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Interagency Coordinating Committee

* Atlantic Fleet Forces Command

There are 25 more letters in the alphabet, each with a couple dozen agencies listed (or so).

And the contention is that they should all be focused on the price of gas and groceries?

I'm gonna say... no.

Good for you knapplc. Im more worried about paying $4.00 a gallon gas. My job being cut to 4 days because the price of diesel is even higher, plus nobody is buying the goods I deliver, because gas is so much and people are out of jobs. People are scraping enough to go to the grocery store and some are more concerned with BCS. ISNT AMERICA GREAT!!!!!!!!

So you think ALL of congress should be focused on the price of gas and groceries? All of them? Really?

I never said that!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said SOME. I never said ALL!!!!!!

Did you read anything in my post at all. Stop twisting this thing.

Some things you need realize..........

The whole world doesnt revolve around college football, some of it..... not all of it.

Me stating the opinion that government should worry about other things besides college football corruption, is simply stating an opinion nothing more. I dont give a crap how many things the government thinks they can accomplish at once....... I just have hard time seeing this as a priority.

I could think of about 50 things that needs fixed before the BCS.

I never said that!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said SOME. I never said ALL!!!!!!

Did you read anything in my post at all. Stop twisting this thing.

Some things you need realize..........

The whole world doesnt revolve around college football, some of it..... not all of it.

Me stating the opinion that government should worry about other things besides college football corruption, is simply stating an opinion nothing more. I dont give a crap how many things the government thinks they can accomplish at once....... I just have hard time seeing this as a priority.

I could think of about 50 things that needs fixed before the BCS.

Calm down. Just callllmmmm dowwwnnnnn.

You're not making a lot of sense. You said the government has better things to do than look at college football. I showed you how government has ample time and resources to look into this. The whole "better things to do" argument doesn't hold water. Now you're saying that other things need to be fixed first. Well, the government has departments to fix those things. And they are working on them (presumably). But they can, and should, also work on this at the same time.

Many fingers, many hands. Many areas in which they can work at the same time, of varying importance and varying impact. But still all worthy of simultaneous work.

There's no reason to get so excited about it. Find your happy place, HS. ;)

For gits and shiggles I looked up the listing of government agencies. Here's "A"

* Administration for Children and Families (ACF)

* Administration for Native Americans

* Administration on Aging (AoA)

* Administration on Developmental Disabilities

* Administrative Committee of the Federal Register

* Administrative Conference of the United States

* Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts

* Advisory Council on Historic Preservation

* African Development Foundation

* Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)

* Agency for International Development

* Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry

* Agricultural Marketing Service

* Agricultural Research Service

* Agriculture Department (USDA)

* Air Force

* Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives Bureau (Justice)

* Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (Treasury)

* American Battle Monuments Commission

* American Samoa Home Page

* AMTRAK (National Railroad Passenger Corporation)

* Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service

* Appalachian Regional Commission

* Architect of the Capitol

* Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board (Access Board)

* Archives (National Archives and Records Administration)

* Arctic Research Commission

* Armed Forces Retirement Home

* Arms Control and International Security

* Army

* Army Corps of Engineers

* Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Interagency Coordinating Committee

* Atlantic Fleet Forces Command

There are 25 more letters in the alphabet, each with a couple dozen agencies listed (or so).

And the contention is that they should all be focused on the price of gas and groceries?

I'm gonna say... no.

Ok we get it Knapplc you are superior to the rest of the huskerboard world and nobody can disagree with you at all. This is the Taylor Martinez thing all over again. Apparently somebody cant have a different opinion.

Im sure AMTRAK is all over this BCS thing.

Ok we get it Knapplc you are superior to the rest of the huskerboard world and nobody can disagree with you at all. This is the Taylor Martinez thing all over again. Apparently somebody cant have a different opinion.

Oh, for God's sake stop crying. I'm supporting my opinion with facts. You're supporting yours with exclamation marks. It's not my fault if you chose an untenable position. It has nothing to do with not being able to disagree, it has everything to do with your point being unsupportable by facts.

You get into these conversations and when you get over your head, you get personal. Lighten up. It's just a conversation. There's no reason to get personal like this.

Every conversation doesn't have to be an ego-driven pissing match. Sometimes you can just present the facts you have available and let them speak for themselves. When they don't speak very well... then you either get a different opinion or you bow out. You don't have to go after the person you're talking to.

The phrase 'anti-trust' only shows up when it meats a specific congressman's agenda. Otherwise it gets brushed over with something along the lines of 'its good for business.'

Hold up there. Say you're a congressman from Idaho and the chancellor or whoever of Boise State petitions you to look into the BCS system. Individuals, organizations, interest groups and businesses lobby representatives all the time. It's why they are representatives, they are suppose to be looking out for the interest of their constituents. That's the first step in most affairs of congress.

Say what you want about the efficacy in initiating a complaint through a congressman but it's probably not their first choice. Their first choice would be the NCAA but they are completely beholden to the BCS system that has accomplished little besides the yearly fun time where sports broadcasters pretend non-AQs can realistically win a national championship.

Personally I was on the fence with the BCS or playoffs until this years joke matchups, obvious favoritism (tOSU) and revelations of corruption (Fiesta Bowl). Enough it is at some point, there's no tradition in what's going on now.

Oh, for God's sake stop crying. I'm supporting my opinion with facts. You're supporting yours with exclamation marks. It's not my fault if you chose an untenable position. It has nothing to do with not being able to disagree, it has everything to do with your point being unsupportable by facts.

You get into these conversations and when you get over your head, you get personal. Lighten up. It's just a conversation. There's no reason to get personal like this.

Every conversation doesn't have to be an ego-driven pissing match. Sometimes you can just present the facts you have available and let them speak for themselves. When they don't speak very well... then you either get a different opinion or you bow out. You don't have to go after the person you're talking to.

You took what I said entirely out of context from the opening reply on. All of what I have stated was an opinion, nothing factual about it, you countered with all government agencies. Which you did to make me look stupid, thats fine I get it. But that wasnt what the conversation was about.

The gas/grocery comment was out of line and unnesscary. You took what I said twisted it and then mocked it.

You took what I said entirely out of context from the opening reply on. All of what I have stated was an opinion, nothing factual about it, you countered with all government agencies. Which you did to make me look stupid, thats fine I get it. But that wasnt what the conversation was about.

The gas/grocery comment was out of line and unnesscary. You took what I said twisted it and then mocked it.

I hate to break this to you, but I don't care enough about you to mock you or make you look stupid. You can cling to that delusion if you like, but it's not true. I have nothing against you and I'm sure you're a great guy, but frankly, it's not important to me to get into some personal pissing match with you. A contention that the government has better things to do than investigate a billion-dollar industry which is possibly guilty of anti-trust violations was made, and I countered it. That's it. Had nothing to do with you. Sorry.

The phrase 'anti-trust' only shows up when it meats a specific congressman's agenda. Otherwise it gets brushed over with something along the lines of 'its good for business.'

Hold up there. Say you're a congressman from Idaho and the chancellor or whoever of Boise State petitions you to look into the BCS system. Individuals, organizations, interest groups and businesses lobby representatives all the time. It's why they are representatives, they are suppose to be looking out for the interest of their constituents. That's the first step in most affairs of congress.

Maybe ins just the cynic in me, but the first thing a congressman does is focus on getting re-elected. The second is to 'give back' to their major donors. If someone like me wants my congressman look into something, I'll get some BS line. The only reason they jump on things is someone with money is encouraging them to do it.

Where in the Constitution does it say the Executive branch has the power to dictate to college football? Probably right under where it says they can sue Arizona for enforcing a law that the Feds refuse to do.

So you're less concerned about the unchecked corruption in the bowl system than you are with a federal agency which is doing what its legal mandate requires it to do? Not quite sure I share those priorities with you.

Its not silly to think that. Yes the government is big and complex system, but my feelings are they poke there business into minor things rather poke into the bigger problems.... unemployment, gas prices etc.,etc,.

Which would you rather have the government look into the BCS or gas prices/unemployment/budget deficit/war on terror. You cant choose both.

How is the possibility of an Anti-trust situation minor? There 120 public and private schools across the nation in Division I/FBS with Billion$ involved, this is a HUGE deal!

Where in the Constitution does it say the Executive branch has the power to dictate to college football? Probably right under where it says they can sue Arizona for enforcing a law that the Feds refuse to do.

Well if you want to be a clown.

Attorney general Eric Holder referenced Varney's letter at a Senate hearing Wednesday, in response to a statement from Sen. Orrin Hatch, a Utah Republican and BCS critic. Hatch called the BCS a "mess" and said that "privileged conferences" have tremendous advantages over the unprivileged.

A hearing is a meeting or session of a Senate, House, Joint, or Special Committee of Congress, usually open to the public, to obtain information and opinions on proposed legislation, conduct an investigation, or evaluate/oversee the activities of a government department or the implementation of a Federal law. In addition, hearings may also be purely exploratory in nature, providing testimony and data about topics of current interest. Most Congressional hearings are published two months to two years after they are held.

Do our schools not teach civics anymore?