Shout out to the GOOD Iowa fans

On the MIzzou front, what happened with the Gabbert brothers, weren't they both looking to go to Nebraska? Are any of you wondering what could have been if you had a passer like Gabbert? Especially with last years Nebraska team? Or did you guys get a better QB recruit at the time?

Character before anything else, imo, and in Bo's as well. They didn't commit to Nebraska, they committed to Shawn Watson and Bill Callahan (in the case of the elder brother), and we aren't interested in kids that aren't interested in being here. Blaine Gabbert could have been incredible at Nebraska, redshirting his freshman year behind Keller and Ganz (what an idiot move by Pinkel to waste a year of his prize quarterback's eligibility), but we're glad we didn't have him, because we have other quarterbacks that are willing to do anything to play for our university.

I read in the paper tonight that Tyler Gabbert has left Missouri. Their Spring Game was just to much for him!

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110509/SPORTS/705099813#after-spring-game-letdown-gabbert-quits-mizzou

Is Ladyhawke a Husker fan or a Hawkeye fan? I always assumed that she is a Hawkeye fan because of her username.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE! WRONG! But thank you for playing! I'm as Husker Red as you are. ;) 'ladyhawke' comes from the movie of the same name Ladyhawke. I went to college with kids from Iowa. We called them 'Hogeyes' instead of Hawkeyes. I thought it was cool that there were a few (and maybe those girls were the only ones-who knows!) folks from Iowa that are glad we're coming to the B1G.

Glad to see that you root for the good guys :lol:

Hogeyes never heard that one but sounds better than the Hawkeyes. I always called them 'Suckeyes' instead of the Hawkeyes and a guy I used to work with whos a Buckeyes fan called them the 'Chokeyes'.

I don't know many people who "look forward" to playing Missouri. Most of the people I chat with hate playing Missouri for one reason or another, mainly because whoever wins continues to remind the loser for a full year.

I won't go on a rant about Missouri because I respect fro and because I've already been there/done that more than once.

I'm sure there are good Iowa fans out there, but the unfortunate aspect of their fan base is that I only ever hear the bad things they have to say.

I don't know many people who "look forward" to playing Missouri. Most of the people I chat with hate playing Missouri for one reason or another, mainly because whoever wins continues to remind the loser for a full year.

I won't go on a rant about Missouri because I respect fro and because I've already been there/done that more than once.

I'm sure there are good Iowa fans out there, but the unfortunate aspect of their fan base is that I only ever hear the bad things they have to say.

I will admit that the ones who write on the one Iowa Message Board I visited are the ones that I'm sure we all love to hate. Those folks were jerks of the first water. Can't wait til we play them so that we can begin our reign over them!