Perspective on the type of fans we are.

A quick hit on the RB that's leaving Florida. I think Will is having a rough time down there which isn't surprising seeing how Urban was kind of a "slick willie" who's know to make lots of promises and look the other way and Will is pretty straight forward similar to Bo and Carl. The best part however is how the writer breaks it down into what type of fan of the team you are when you lose a player (or recruit). This could very easily be NU fans.

http://network.yardbarker.com/college_football/article_external/mike_blakely_to_transfer_from_florida_how_you_can_react/4712518

My reaction to player turnover is always dependent on the circumstances under which a kid is leaving the program. The unfortunate part is that kids get penalized by having to sit out, making them either honor their LOI, or suffer the consequences. Yet, the adult "role models" constantly bolt for greener pastures. I seriously think that if a kid committed to a school and there's a HC change, they should be allowed out with no hit to their eligibility (as long as they don't go to a future opponent).

I can see it both ways. I do think that if players could bolt with coaching changes you'd see less of them. Most coaches aren't going to want to go some place where expectations of winning are high and still have the chance of all the good athletes leaving and making it harder. Coaches would be more loyal to their current place of business because just about anywhere could be competitive. It would make it harder for FL, NU, MU, etc to get a bigger name coach when an opening happens. AD's would have to actually find that guy who's working his ass off and take a chance on him.

But at the same time kids today want it given to them. They don't give a second thought to bailing on the place that is giving them a great opportunity and free education to make themselves better. Its a "give it to me now without earning it" mentality. I think parents are too quick to blame other people for their kids not playing and don't teach them about "team work" and "commitment" anymore. I'm sorry but not everyone is going to be a professional athlete no matter how hard they try or how much they like sports. It really bugs me how in basketball kids jump from team to team to team looking for playing time. I think it would be a nightmare in football.

I think we tend to be #2. Most people are that way really. When's the last time we came close to panicking about someone leaving?

Harrison Beck? Seeya, we love us some Joe Ganz. Cody Glenn? Too bad, he blew it. Collins Okafor? Buh bye. D-tray? Later, best of luck. We have some pretty tough luck holding on to those bruising RBs, hm?

Did I miss something? When did Collins Okafor transfer? Or Cody Glenn, for that matter?

He didnt. I think he wanted to quit/transfer, but a few days after the honeys left him for D-tray, he realized he wanted to be back on the team. Supposedly is being looked at as our "big back" this year.