Is the NU baseball head coaching position a stepping stone job?

I know there are a lot of opinions swirling out there regarding MA as head coach of the NU baseball team. With their struggles over the last 3 seasons, I do believe some criticism is justified. That said, if MA were to be let go, who could be his replacement? I know there are the obvious names of Will Bolt, Brian O'Connor, Erstad etc., but would candidates see NU as a good job with NU moving to the B1G next season? Don't get me wrong, I am an avid fan of Husker baseball, but I personally don't think it would be an attractive job. Realistically, I see this job as being a stepping stone job for young, up and coming coaches to come into, have success for 3-4 years, and then move onto greener pastures at a higher RPI baseball conference (Big XII, SEC, ACC etc).

Would Nebraska fans be happy if this is were case?

I don't see it as a stepping stone- the ballpark isn't that old and if you put out a good product, the fans will fill it up in a heartbeat. IMHO MA has lost the rspect of the players, that's what I am told by some parents I have known, since 2006 (or there abouts). My only hope is TO gets this under control. I don't have much insight on the names listed above and their ability to lead a baseball team, but I gotta believe it can't get much worse. We should win the Bi 10 outright without much effort next year. that doesn't mean we will be properly prepared to win a regional etc.. as if we stayed inthe Big 12.

I think the future of baseball at Nebraska will be determined by what the B1G, en masse, does about improving the quality of baseball coming out of the other 11 schools.

That means scheduling better non-con teams, working with schools to allow the Big 10 Network to broadcast away non-con games during February/March, and doing away with the loony scholarship restrictions that other conferences don't have.

It is possible and plausible that the Big 10 can be relevant in baseball once again. Nebraska, until MA, proved that you can win and legitimately compete for a NC in a school north of the Mason-Dixon line. Nebraska also was a sliver away from proving that baseball could be a revenue-generating sport north of parallel 36°30' North. And now, the conference has the home of the College World Series in their footprint and may even begin playing their conference tourney in Omaha.