9 games in the B10?

But there are a few teams that schedule a couple tough non-con games. I'd rather play a one solid non-con game, a middle of the road non-con game, and then the proverbial cream puff. Will it happen, I really doubt it.

I guess a "tough" team really comes down to personal definition and what characterizes a team as "tough".

In reality, most powerhouse teams (like Alabama) schedule the exact same way we do. Last year the only respectable team Alabama played against was Penn State - the rest of the non-con was Duke, San Jose State and Georgia State. The year before that it was Virginia Tech - the rest of the non-con was Florida International, North Texas and Chattanooga.

Programs that schedule a couple tough games are usually not the caliber of team like Alabama (and even Nebraska in some regards). For example, even though Boise State is a pretty good team, they generally have to schedule tough non conferences because their conference schedule is so pathetically terrible.

We knew that was coming. Iowa and Wisc miss each other already. Who's Bo going to want as another crossover?

Indiana or Purdue, probably...

I'm sure they'll use the 9th game to protect rivalries like Iowa/Wisconsin, but I wonder if they can figure out a way with some other teams to rotate opponents, rather than creating another permanent crossover for everybody.

Having us play 9 conference games with 2 protected crossovers gives us the best rotation possible....that way you play 7 teams every year, and the 4 that you don't, rotate every 2 years. Simple. Instead of having to try to rotate 2 out of 5 teams, we could possibly not play Wiscy/OhioSt/Illinois/Indiana/Purdue for a 4 year period of time. Going to 9 games makes the most complete sense.

I agree they need to get rid of those stupid games that no one wants to see. SDSU, Chattanooga...waste of money.