Thanks NU fans

I just pulled in this morning at 2:30 so I'm trying to wake up while typing this. I just wanted to come back to this board and thank some of the greatest fans in college football. Everything I had heard about NU fans was pretty much proven this weekend. You guys are some of the most hospitable, gracious and all around good people. I had one negative and that was the guy sitting behind me whose 11 year old kid literally hung on my back the whole game while dad dropped the F-bomb every 5 seconds. I still would not let that ruin my experience though. Your team has incredible heart and the homefield advantage with the crowd behind them I thought was going to get them through. Another recruiting year like you had last year and you guys are freaking scary. Good luck the rest of the year, win the north!

Here's an interesting reply to the fans of Memorial Stadium from a reply to a DN article:

DN

To Husker fans: what an impressive thing to have sold out the stadium for so many years. An absolute testimony to the support you all have for your Huskers.

Also, hats off to the Husker football team for the progress they are making and the coaching staff and the AD, Mr. Pederson. I have been openly critical of Mr. Pederson and his choice of head coach and his firing of coach Solich. Not anymore. Have seen the light, so to speak. Nebraska is on the way back and it is obvious that most true Husker fans believe the same as this "outsider."

I am still a Kansas State Wildcat fan and always will be but I appreciate the tradition and heritage of the Nebraska Corn Huskers.

Traditions are not born over night and it takes tremendous work and sacrifice to get to the status Nebraska has enjoyed over these many, many years.

Texas Tech is an example of what Nebraska hopes to be from an offensive perspective and with some patience Husker fans will be rewarded. Defense is a signature of Nebraska football and the "Black Shirts" certainly did nothing to taint that reputation.

"In our play we reveal what kind of people we are." Ovid

Good luck to Husker fans the rest of the season. Walt Harris

Walt Harris

educator

Texas

Thanks for the positives Harrellin05.

I have been a Husker fan for nearly 50 years. I have enjoyed the good times and the bad times. I have seen this following develop from most who really did not care to a tremedous backing no matter the results.

I attended the game in Lubbock last year and the Holiday Bowl in the alumni group. I must admit that my time attending Raider games reminds me very much of my first years as a Husker fan and booster. Great people, warm and friendly, wanting to win but not demanding to win. Your fans attitude is a lot like Nebraska fans. I want to tip my hat to you as a fan of Tech for your consideration and timely thoughts. I think we are seeing the beginning of another rivalry. I am proud to say that I support both programs. And will always be cheering for the Raiders other than in the Nebraska game.

Good luck to you against the South, and hopefully we can meet again in the CCG. I truly like both of our chances. But I think given another chance Nebraska will close the door a little quicker.