Recruiting Class of 2007

I'm not sure any of these guys actually left because of the coaching change, but it's not surprising at all for the numbers to be higher when there is a change. It may be due to a different system you don't fit into, not getting along with the new coach, loyalty to the old coach, or the new coach just being honest that you aren't going to fit in, whereas the old coach may have hoped to salvage "his" recruit. I don't think you can really compare classes with a coaching change vs. those without.

Besides that, others have shown that the numbers are really no different than other classes.

I don't think he ever played a down did he? It wasn't that he was a let down or anything, he just never played.

he played sparingly as a lb, qb and on special teams in 20 games over three years.

oh, and if we remove him from the list of those that never made it or left early, that leaves 10/27 for 37%, which is less than the average number for recent classes. ;)

LW was a good kid, I always wondered how he might do at the right position. He just wasn't good at LB, sorry but when you are behind a true-frosh walk-on and a rs-frosh walk-on that just moved from safety a week ago it just isn't working. He did provide much-needed depth at qb. I always wondered how he'd have done at TE, think he might have been good.

I don't think he ever played a down did he? It wasn't that he was a let down or anything, he just never played.

he played sparingly as a lb, qb and on special teams in 20 games over three years.

oh, and if we remove him from the list of those that never made it or left early, that leaves 10/27 for 37%, which is less than the average number for recent classes. ;)

LW was a good kid, I always wondered how he might do at the right position. He just wasn't good at LB, sorry but when you are behind a true-frosh walk-on and a rs-frosh walk-on that just moved from safety a week ago it just isn't working. He did provide much-needed depth at qb. I always wondered how he'd have done at TE, think he might have been good.

he didn't seem to have the temperament or tenacity for defense. i honestly wonder if we'd have been better off running a straight option offense with him after martinez got hurt last year. he certainly seemed to have the athleticism. i agree that using him like kyler reed in a HB/slot role might have been a good spot for him.