Academics sell recruits on Nebraska

Huskers Illustrated has polled Nebraska targets in the 2012 class over the past couple of months in an attempt to find out what's important to them. The idea came from the recruiting gameplay in the "NCAA Football" videogame series. In the game, a key aspect of recruiting prospects is to find out what "program factors' are important to them and to then "pitch" how good your school is in those important areas.

So, I figured, why not do this in real life? What factors of a program are recruits most interested in, and how does Nebraska stack up against schools across the country in those areas? We asked recruits to rate the importance of 10 key "program factors": Facilities, Academics, Program Prestige, Coach Prestige, Early Playing Time, Pro Potential, Campus Lifestyle, Program Stability, Proximity to Home and Fan Base. Recruits were asked to rate these "program factors" on a 1-to-5 scale, where 5 means it is something that is very important to them.

Continue reading...

"If you don't have no academics, there's no way you can get on the field to perform. You have to make academic requirements," Minnesota commit Dinero Moss said.
"I have to have my grades up before I can even step on the field. If it weren't for my grades, I wouldn't be able to graduate," Husker quarterback target Tommy Armstrong said.

Pretty funny putting these two quotes right next to each other in the article. They say the same thing. But the statements are like night and day. :lol:

"If you don't have no academics, there's no way you can get on the field to perform. You have to make academic requirements," Minnesota commit Dinero Moss said.
"I have to have my grades up before I can even step on the field. If it weren't for my grades, I wouldn't be able to graduate," Husker quarterback target Tommy Armstrong said.

Pretty funny putting these two quotes right next to each other in the article. They say the same thing. But the statements are like night and day. :lol:

Dinero's comment immediately stuck out to me as well. There may be rules against double negatives, not sure about triple negatives. ;)