Former Husker Heisman Winner Crouch drafted by Nighhawks

He can’t be any worse then Jeff Garcia was last year

are you serious?

Did you go to or watch any of the Nighthawks games last year? Yes I am serious. Besides the first game last year Jeff Garcia looked terrible.

23/40, 226 yards, 57.5%, 3 TD’s, 0 Ints in the First Game

109/215, 1095 yards, 50.6%, 7 TD’s, 11 Ints’s the rest of the season

132/255, 1321 yards, 51.8%, 10 TD’s, 11 Int’s for the season

I didn't ask for Jeff Garcia's stats. Nor do I care how he did last year. I asked if you were serious that Crouch couldn't perform any worse as a professional level QB than Jeff Garcia. That's brilliant.

I believe my statement was JEFF GARCIA LAST YEAR not Jeff Garcia when he was a quality NFL QB. So you should care about his LAST YEARS stats and his performance from LAST YEAR since that is what I was talking about. Jeff Garcia LAST YEAR did not play like a quality QB. Like I asked, did you actually watch or attend any Nighthawk games LAST YEAR when Jeff Garcia played? He was bad, borderline terrible.

Jeff Garcia last year put up numbers that look a lot like these numbers. Can't do any worse.

Jeremiah Masoli ran a spread offense in 2010. Eric Crouch played college football 10 years ago. Advantage Masoli.

Crouch played in the CFL in 2007. Still, a big "advantage Masoli" but to be fair, Eric has played QB more recently than "10 years ago".

I don't think its a pub move unless the goal was to get a few blurbs in papers across the country about the former Heisman trophy winner trying YET AGAIN to make a comeback. Its a 1 day story at best (except on Husker boards :).

It would turn into a bad pub move later anyway. I can't see this happening but for the sake of argument let's say they start Crouch simply b/c he's a Husker. He plays poorly. The team doesn't win. People are not going to go see that. People want to see a winning team regardless of whether or not they put a Husker or a Longhorn, Mizzou Tiger or CU Buff at QB.

I don't know how good Crouch is but it doesn't make much advertising sense to play Crouch for publicity if the team ends up being terrible because of it.