Next loss

Too tough to tell, not one of these games is a gimmie (well, maybe KSt  ). Every one is the biggest of the season, no one can be overlooked.

Total agreement here. I've been a fan all my life, but really started paying attention when I got into JH and HS, which was when we at the pinnacle of the college football world. I can't ever remember a season quite like this one where the entire state holds its collective breath every single Sat., regardless of who we're playing. It's been a whole lot of fun so far. Since bigredhusker427 seems to like the Naked Gun Trilogy here's another one...

Like a midget in a urinal, we'll have to stay on our toes.

Hey guys I'm down here in KC and they just replayed the entire ISU-Baylor game. Baylor's offense is not that good, they have a big back who is not that fast and a quarterback who isn't mobile. That's perfect for our pass rush all day and look for us to have a defensive score of some kind. Also, it seemed like Bret Meyer didn't let his receivers make plays, he mostly gave up on the pass and tried to create yards with his feet. Hard to believe with the WR size they have. I think we play OK in our first road game and win 21-10.

Hey guys I'm down here in KC and they just replayed the entire ISU-Baylor game. Baylor's offense is not that good, they have a big back who is not that fast and a quarterback who isn't mobile. That's perfect for our pass rush all day and look for us to have a defensive score of some kind. Also, it seemed like Bret Meyer didn't let his receivers make plays, he mostly gave up on the pass and tried to create yards with his feet. Hard to believe with the WR size they have. I think we play OK in our first road game and win 21-10.

Welcome to the board KC16.

Thats the good thing about being in KC, is that they show every big 12 teams "coaches show" - but I missed the Baylor one so thanks for the breakdown. Hey do you happen to have a schedule for when the various team shows are on down here?

More proof Nebraska could be 10-1 heading into Boulder. I was just looking at stats for this past weekend and Kstate fans who were predicting Thomas Clayton to be the next Darren Sproles has done nothing against Big12 competition. He has 28 carries in the last 2 games for 21 yards. This is their starting RB keep in mind. That's an average of 0.7 yards per carry. That's not even 1 yard a cary. That total is against an Oklahoma and Kansas defense. Allen Webb who was/is (god knows) their starting QB has 20 carries for 5 yards in the last 2 games against Big12 competition. Kansas St's strength is their passsing game (if you even want to call it a strength). Kansas St is stuck in a situation like Oklahoma. They have 2 QB's who really are not that good. Tech will lay half a hundred on them, mark it down

@ Baylor -        Win

@ Missouri-      Win

Chokelahoma - Loss

@ Kansas -      Win

Kansas State -  Win

@ Colorado -    Loss

Final record 8-3

(possible loss to the Tiggers leaving Huskers 7-4)

It'll be nice to see the Big Red back in a bowl game this year.

Oklahoma a loss? Oklahoma is a horrible team. If Adrian Peterson plays in the game, its a game. If AP doesn't play, NU wins this one by 2 touchdowns. Kansas St managed to make Bret Bohmar look like a good QB. Our defense wont be as kind to him as Kstate was. If KU hangs with Oklahoma or even beats them, then OU doesn't deserve to go bowling this year. Seems everyone who writes about OU these days says that if OU wins the game against Kansas but struggles, they will be very hard pressed to win 3 more games to make a bowl.

@ Baylor -        Win

@ Missouri-       Win

Chokelahoma - Loss

@ Kansas -       Win

Kansas State -  Win

@ Colorado -    Loss

Final record 8-3

(possible loss to the Tiggers leaving Huskers 7-4)

It'll be nice to see the Big Red back in a bowl game this year.

Oklahoma a loss? Oklahoma is a horrible team. If Adrian Peterson plays in the game, its a game. If AP doesn't play, NU wins this one by 2 touchdowns. Kansas St managed to make Bret Bohmar look like a good QB. Our defense wont be as kind to him as Kstate was. If KU hangs with Oklahoma or even beats them, then OU doesn't deserve to go bowling this year. Seems everyone who writes about OU these days says that if OU wins the game against Kansas but struggles, they will be very hard pressed to win 3 more games to make a bowl.

I think it's too early to count out Oklahoma. We seemed to have turned a corner on offense, perhaps Oklahoma can do the same thing. The only thing that really scares me about the Sooners is the level of talent. Most of the guys on their roster were pretty highly sought after out of high school. If things start clicking for them, they could give us trouble.

For anyone that cares, I believe Evridge is going to be K-State's starter this week. I hope we beat the 'cats bad. Living down here on the Kansas-Nebraska border (Nebraska side of course), I have to put up with a lot of K-State crap. They are second only to Colorado in my list of most hated teams.

Just learned another interesting fact about Bomar that the OU coaches were hiding from the media during fall camp. The reason Bomar did not get enough snaps in preseason camp was because Bomar apprently has a problem throwing balls on a consistant basis. Chuck Long said iin a Tulsa Newspaper article earlier this week that he was going to limit the amount of balls Bomar throws from here on out in fear of wearing down his shoulder

Adrian Peterson is very questionable for this weekend's game in Arrowhead against Kansas

More proof Nebraska could be 10-1 heading into Boulder. I was just looking at stats for this past weekend and Kstate fans who were predicting Thomas Clayton to be the next Darren Sproles has done nothing against Big12 competition. He has 28 carries in the last 2 games for 21 yards. This is their starting RB keep in mind. That's an average of 0.7 yards per carry. That's not even 1 yard a cary. That total is against an Oklahoma and Kansas defense. Allen Webb who was/is (god knows) their starting QB has 20 carries for 5 yards in the last 2 games against Big12 competition. Kansas St's strength is their passsing game (if you even want to call it a strength). Kansas St is stuck in a situation like Oklahoma. They have 2 QB's who really are not that good. Tech will lay half a hundred on them, mark it down

:thumbs ..i was right. 59-20.