Nebraska's Jared Crick had no problem taking pass on NFL

ADS

Jared Crick didn't have time to worry about the NFL draft last season. The Nebraska defensive lineman was too busy spending his junior season worrying about winning games.

So when the time came for him to decide whether to stay in school or enter the draft, Crick didn't get an evaluation from the NFL or have an elongated process even though he was considered a possible first-round pick.

After close losses to Texas and Oklahoma in consecutive Big 12 title games, Crick said he and the Cornhuskers were only focusing on winning a Big Ten title in the school's first season in the conference.

"We're all about W's here. Personal notoriety -- it's out the window," Crick said. "It'd be nice to be the leader so when I come back 10 years, 20 years from now I can see my name. But that's the least of my concerns.

"Our concern is shutting opponents down and getting a W. Everything else is irrelevant for us."

Article

I wonder how big Crick is this year? Last year's roster had him at 285 lbs. I'm guessing that was pretty close to his play weight--but he might have been a little lighter than that. I'll bet Crick put on some muscle in the offseason. Wouldn't surprise me to see him play at 290, maybe 295.

I wonder how big Crick is this year? Last year's roster had him at 285 lbs. I'm guessing that was pretty close to his play weight--but he might have been a little lighter than that. I'll bet Crick put on some muscle in the offseason. Wouldn't surprise me to see him play at 290, maybe 295.

Perfect size for defensive end in a 3-4 defense in the NFL.