Which Husker is most vital to the team?

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This kid can not get a break from the haters.

If you want to post about Martinez haters, could you at least do it in a topic where any of that happened? Otherwise we're going to assume you mean because only half of us think he's the best player on the team. If thinking he's the 2nd most important player on the team makes me a hater, then I guess I'm a hater. I think Burkhead has intangibles that put him above Martinez, but I support Martinez 100%.

Now if the poll included Carnes and a bunch of people voted Carnes, you'd have a point. As it is, you don't.

I realize that 50% feel he is not the most important part of the team. And I realize that if he does not play up to par that 50% will blame him for every game lost, just exactly like last year. I realize that that same 50% will look for any shortcomings and rant on and on about them, just like last year.

I am impressed half of us feel he is that important to the team, and that some see just how lucky we are to have him, if he is at 100%.

With him healthy we have a shot at a conference championship, something we have not won in many, many, many moons, with out him we have a chance to finish 50-50.

wow, without TM our team goes 6-6? that doesn't say much for the rest of the team now does it? even i find the glass more than half full, even without TM!

look at what happened when florida and Texass lost their QBs and what happened when Auburn landed Scam Newton..its all about the QB...thats why Auburn is ranked 19th in preseason, because they lost their QB...1st to 19th

Look, I hear you, but when Taylor shows that he is of the level of Tebow, Cam Newton, or Vince Young, then this would be a fair comparison.

As it stands, I don't buy the Taylor argument this year. He could play extremely well or he might not. He hasn't shown consistency yet, only sky-high potential. If he makes that step into full-fledged stardom, then absolutely. Otherwise, the "with Taylor/without Taylor" comparison looks to me like that of "bringing along a still rough-around-the-edges sophomore QB" vs "bringing along a less experienced freshman QB". Obviously I'd rather have Taylor than not have him start. But there are some very good arguments to be made about Alfonzo and Lavonte. We will be counting on those guys big time, and without them whole levels of the defense could become ordinary. And last I checked, this team is still built around its star defense, not its offensive firepower.

I hear the Rex arguments too. Just don't buy that as much. Rex is a swiss knife and a core part of the team, but his production is the one I could see being replaced most easily. I also think the blitz pickup part of the game might be being overvalued here. We might be running 70% of the time again.

wow, without TM our team goes 6-6? that doesn't say much for the rest of the team now does it? even i find the glass more than half full, even without TM!

Well . . . if Snuffy goes down, Carnes goes in. Carnes has zero snaps to his name at the NCAA level, which means we probably feed it to Burkhead the bulk of the time . . . and he's not invincible, eventually he could get run down too and we have to sub in [insert true freshman running back here] who ALSO has zero snaps to his name at the NCAA level. A pair of bad breaks and we have a completely green backfield in the game. So it's not completely unfeasible that without Martinez or Burkhead the season falls apart.