NC run, If not this year than in 2013

I think 2010 was looked at as a year to make a run because of how the team finished in 2009. We should have beaten Texas in the conference championship, and we destroyed Arizona in the bowl game. I think that 2009 Holiday Bowl team was playing as well or better than anybody in the country. However, more inconsistency and injuries (both Lee and Martinez) on offense, along with a slightly less dominant defense, ended the 2010 run.

Right now it's a bit early to make any distant projections.

This comment struck me as funny. Distant projections are always too early

Fair enough! :P

Not sure when 2010 started shaping up to be a run year. Potentially in the offseason before '09. A lot less distance than now and '13 of course.

When Bo first got here, the staff sat down and looked at the roster, and the schedule, and they circled 2010 as the year to make a run. The 2010 schedule set up perfectly to get a shot at a championship. The reason they redshirted so many of the 2008 class was to have the depth they believed they needed for 2010. The reason they added a guy like Gomes, despite him wavering a bit in his commitment, was 2010. This program was building up for a run in 2010, and it amounted to: no conference championship, no BCS appearace, and no bowl win. That is, by definition, an absolute failure.

This staff was brought in to win and win now, and get this program over the hump. They were not brought in to make a title run in 2013. They have this year to prove their worth, or else they need to find employment elsewhere.

Right now it's a bit early to make any distant projections.

This comment struck me as funny. Distant projections are always too early

Fair enough! :P

Not sure when 2010 started shaping up to be a run year. Potentially in the offseason before '09. A lot less distance than now and '13 of course.

When Bo first got here, the staff sat down and looked at the roster, and the schedule, and they circled 2010 as the year to make a run. The 2010 schedule set up perfectly to get a shot at a championship. The reason they redshirted so many of the 2008 class was to have the depth they believed they needed for 2010. The reason they added a guy like Gomes, despite him unwavering a bit in his commitment, was 2010. This program was building up for a run in 2010, and it amounted to: no conference championship, no BCS appearace, and no bowl win. That is, by definition, an absolute failure.

This staff was brought in to win and win now, and get this program over the hump. They were not brought in to make a title run in 2013. They have this year to prove their worth, or else they need to find employment elsewhere.

christ, man

• Fire 4

When Bo first got here, the staff... circled 2010 as the year to make a run.

absolute failure.

they need to find employment elsewhere.

Oh good, you're posting again.

When you set your own objective, and that objective is winning a national championship, anything less than that means it is a failure. To have not hit any of the secondary goals like the ones mentioned, is signifying a failure. This program isn't about 10-4 so so seasons, it is about winning championships, at least of the conference variety.

Bo put this staff together, because he believes he should have won two conference championships and a National Championship, but the offensive holdovers were the reason he didn't win one. So now that he has "his" guys in place, there is nothing holding him back. Go get'em tiger...It is time for the excuse train and placing blame on everyone to stop. From here on out, any failure unequivocally falls on the shoulders of the head coach, as there are no more scapegoats around to pin it on and fire.

• Fire 1

absolute failure.

When you set your own objective, and that objective is winning a national championship, anything less than that means it is a failure. To have not hit any of the secondary goals like the ones mentioned, is signifying a failure. This program isn't about 10-4 so so seasons, it is about winning championships, at least of the conference variety.

Bo put this staff together, because he believes he should have won two conference championships and a National Championship, but the offensive holdovers were the reason he didn't win one. So now that he has "his" guys in place, there is nothing holding him back. Go get'em tiger...It is time for the excuse train and placing blame on everyone to stop. From here on out, any failure unequivocally falls on the shoulders of the head coach, as there are no more scapegoats around to pin it on and fire.

So what you're saying is, he gets 1 year with all his own staff and if he doesn't win it then he should quit or be fired? You're a daft one aren't ya? Welcome to the board, I'm fairly certain you wont be around too long.

This program was building up for a run in 2010, and it amounted to: no conference championship, no BCS appearace, and no bowl win. That is, by definition, an absolute failure.

They have this year to prove their worth, they need to find employment elsewhere.

By taking bits and pieces, you are completely misrepresenting what was posted.

I added the missing key parts back in bold.

However, I must disagree with the standards for winning to which this staff will be held. If Bo has ever gotten in trouble with the athletic department here, it has not been for his winning, but his other antics. If anything will do him in, that'll be it - or bad seasons. But 9 or 10 win seasons, I don't think so. And Bo in the media, has been a good boy lately, anyway ;)

I agree though, that 2010 was a failure in Pelini's eyes, based on what they wanted out of that season. It was set up as a title run, so for them to fall so short - well, I think we saw the disappointment manifest in the effort given in the Holiday Bowl, and in the tear'em up changes made in the offseason.

absolute failure.

So what you're saying is, he gets 1 year with all his own staff and if he doesn't win it then he should quit or be fired? You're a daft one aren't ya? Welcome to the board, I'm fairly certain you wont be around too long.

I will make it simple, he is on a year to year basis at this point. That isn't with me, that is how he is going to be evaluated from here on out. He put himself in this position over the course of the last three seasons. A conference championship and/or a BCS bowl berth would be another step for this program.

He gets this year to show what he can do with "his" guys. He has largely had "his" guys in place since Day 1, but with the departure of Watson and Gilmore, there are no more Callahan scapegoats left. This is major college football, it is about winning and getting results now. Not next year or two or 5 years from now. There are such things as rebuilding years for teams, but the funny thing about rebuilding is that there was something to rebuild to, in 3 seasons so far, the highest we have "built" to is the 2009 season, which was a four loss season. If you are Bob Stoops, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Mack Brown or even ol' Jim Tressel, you can have a 4 or 5 loss season and not be on the hot seat because when you produce like those guys do, see: conference championships, BCS Bowl Appearances, National Titles/BCS Championships contested. So far, if you compare Bo's resume to any of those guys, it currently doesn't contain any of those things, 2011 is his chance to rectify that.

• Fire 1

As a fan, I am happy with a foundation solid enough to win 9+ games every year, with the ability to make runs. The fact that our first run blew up in our faces, well, I hope Bo has learned some lessons from that. I'll wait for the next one. I think most fans would feel the same way. It would be very hard for the public to accept firing Bo, IMO, short of a disastrous season next year. If we fall just short of a Big Ten championship but have 9, even 10 wins, I just can't imagine the Athletic Department would invite the backlash that would result.

As a fan, I am happy with a foundation solid enough to win 9+ games every year, with the ability to make runs. The fact that our first run blew up in our faces, well, I hope Bo has learned some lessons from that. I'll wait for the next one. I think most fans would feel the same way. It would be very hard for the public to accept firing Bo, IMO, short of a disastrous season next year. If we fall just short of a Big Ten championship but have 9, even 10 wins, I just can't imagine the Athletic Department would invite the backlash that would result.

Here is the kicker, what I've been talking about lately. I understand and appreciate that today firing Bo would be a really tough sell and would certainly upset many fans, the public backlash initially would be strong. However, what if the headline was, "Bo Fired" and underneath the header, AD Osborne cites Bo punting kittens into Holmes Lake as tipping point, and a file photo of Bo punting a Calico into the lake included below, now we might see a completely different set of reactions.

• Fire 1

This program was building up for a run in 2010, and it amounted to: no conference championship, no BCS appearace, and no bowl win. That is, by definition, an absolute failure.

They have this year to prove their worth, they need to find employment elsewhere.

By taking bits and pieces, you are completely misrepresenting what was posted.

No, I'm not. This isn't an article I'm grabbing from some random site. It's obvious that I took tiny bits of it out, and it's two posts prior to mine. Anyone can go up and look at it.

What I'm doing is summing up every post he has made on this forum in a few words. Pretentious post bashing Pelini in a not-quite-obnoxious-enough way to receive a ban. Now all we need is a follow up about how much he loves Pelini.

absolute failure.

Are you five years old?

• Fire 1

When Bo first got here, the staff sat down and looked at the roster, and the schedule, and they circled 2010 as the year to make a run.

Can you back this up? Also, I'd like to see evidence that T.O. will fire Bo & Co. if he falls short of a MNC this year. Pony up or STFU already.

Also we're still waiting on proof that Bo got kicked out of a softball game, or whatever you said before.

• Fire 1

Please reply to the guy who said "Christ man." I want to see what you come up with in response to a two word post now that I've seen your response to a five word post.

• Fire 1