Ron Brown is the man for the job

I have high regard for Ron Brown, despite my initial reservations... that being said, I'm a little nervous about him being a RB coach for the very first time, coupled with an OC who is also a rookie.

No worries on my part. Coach Brown has taught skill players for a lot of years so there's bound to be cross over on some of the technique. He's got a lot of experience so I don't think it will be hard at all. It's not like the coaches don't help each other out either. Beck will help Brown and vice versa. One thing that coach Brown is up against is youth. Freshmen aren't quite as strong and physically mature so you may see some fumbles in that regard. So I am glad they are putting extra emphasis on ball security.

I have high regard for Ron Brown, despite my initial reservations... that being said, I'm a little nervous about him being a RB coach for the very first time, coupled with an OC who is also a rookie.

No worries on my part. Coach Brown has taught skill players for a lot of years so there's bound to be cross over on some of the technique. He's got a lot of experience so I don't think it will be hard at all. It's not like the coaches don't help each other out either. Beck will help Brown and vice versa. One thing that coach Brown is up against is youth. Freshmen aren't quite as strong and physically mature so you may see some fumbles in that regard. So I am glad they are putting extra emphasis on ball security.

That's why I'm only a little nervous instead of A LOT nervous. :-)

Gotcha.

Gotcha. :thumbs

Fumbles really contributed to our losses and changed what last season could've been. I really hope we've gotten a handle on that this season.

Ask a player what the punishment is for having a fumble this year.

Didn't a Nebraska player say it was 200 yard belly flops?

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205241573&DB_OEM_ID=100

Q: You've spent your entire two-decade career at Nebraska coaching receivers and tight ends. How excited are you to coach running backs?

A: I'm very excited to coach running backs. My time with wide receivers and tight ends has prepared me. The offenses that I've been around at Nebraska have been predominantly very physical offenses - high demand and extra-effort. So that's part of my nature, all of those kinds of things are pertinent to coaching running backs. For 17 years, I had wide receivers and tight ends in a very run-oriented attack. Those guys had to learn how to be selfless guys, and some of those wide receivers were not the biggest guys in the world and had to throw their bodies around to get the most out of their talent. They had to learn how to be blue-collar people. So I'm really excited to take running backs and help them to develop their blue-collar nature and maximize their God-given talent. You can't do that without a mindset for physicality, and I think I'm well prepared to coach that.