Dan Beebe "deserves to know A&M's plans"...

Big XII and Dan Beebe mouthpiece, Chuck Carlton, brings you this article in the Dallas Morning News.

When Texas A&M president R. Bowen Loftin asked Aggies for patience Monday, maybe he should have included the Big 12 in his request.

The ongoing courtship between A&M and the Southeastern Conference cannot continue for much longer without resolution, Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe made clear Tuesday.

“I think the members deserve to know what Texas A&M’s intentions are going forward regarding the conference,” Beebe said.

He said the idea of the saga extending for months simply isn’t a possibility for the Big 12.

“I would suggest that would be an untenable position,” Beebe said. “We can’t operate with an institution waiting to decide if it wants to remain in the conference. There has to be a very short time for an institution to commit.”

At some point soon, Beebe said he could approach the Big 12’s board of directors about setting a date for A&M to make a commitment.

Gotta love how now T. Boones Pickens is now getting in on this. Looks like someone's scared that Okie Lite will be deservedly sent to the kiddie table of FBS.

He raised the idea that the Big 12 could pursue a stronger contractual pledge “because the one last summer wasn’t binding enough.”

This reminds me of the part of Catch-22 where a few of the pilots were having to sign ever increasing stacks of loyalty oaths just so they could get their breakfast in the morning. Yeah, Dan, the problem with your conference clearly is that you don't have a binding enough contractual obligation. Spoken like a true politician. 'Instead of making business conditions better so we can draw our investors back from China, we'll just make them sign a stricter pledge.' How about instead you wrest control of your conference away from Texas and usher in an age of equality and balance in the league?

Oh that's right, now I remember. Because you work for Texas.

Big XII and Dan Beebe mouthpiece, Chuck Carlton, brings you this article in the Dallas Morning News.

When Texas A&M president R. Bowen Loftin asked Aggies for patience Monday, maybe he should have included the Big 12 in his request.

The ongoing courtship between A&M and the Southeastern Conference cannot continue for much longer without resolution, Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe made clear Tuesday.

“I think the members deserve to know what Texas A&M’s intentions are going forward regarding the conference,” Beebe said.

He said the idea of the saga extending for months simply isn’t a possibility for the Big 12.

“I would suggest that would be an untenable position,” Beebe said. “We can’t operate with an institution waiting to decide if it wants to remain in the conference. There has to be a very short time for an institution to commit.”

At some point soon, Beebe said he could approach the Big 12’s board of directors about setting a date for A&M to make a commitment.

Gotta love how now T. Boones Pickens is now getting in on this. Looks like someone's scared that Okie Lite will be deservedly sent to the kiddie table of FBS.

I'm of the opinion that A&Ms intentions are pretty clear, get the hell outta Dodge.

This is one of the big problems with the big 12 "leadership."

These penalties are the same principle as buyout clauses in coaches contracts. He could stand up to Texas and try and actually work on making the conference more equitable, stable, and ultimately better for everyone involved. Unfortunately for everyone not Texas he isn't trying to make the best possible position for the people who are in the conference and actually sign these "pledges". They're trying to make the alternative to being in a bad situation so penalizing that to leave that it is actually worse then sticking it out.

This is not a way to lead a conference. It's the legal equivalent of forcing these schools to go along with whatever Dodds wants at gun point. Setting it up so Texas will basically be saying "Well if you don't like it here playing on the LHN then leave, but you'll be paying me either way." Which is where this is going.

But the Ultimatums worked so well last time with Colorado and Nebraska... I don't see how his plan could possibly backfire. What a tool.

The problem with Beebee IMHO is that he is not proactive, he is reactive. Most of his early experience was as an NCAA compliance and investigation. As a result his leaderships skills and long term visionary skills are not strengths of his. Just my opinion. Ultimatums are is a compliance type of solution. He needs to change his thinking to carrots not sticks. Then he needs to think about the whole garden and future crops not just the prize pumpkin.

Can you tell it's fair time?