Hoops Sched

Personally I don't honestly think NU is in any position to think a home and home with any MAJOR player in basketball is feesible. The one time trip to these venues would be good, but honestly NU is light years away from getting any of the big boys to come to Lincoln. The Gonzaga deal to open the new arena would be a great get, and probably the best "top tier" program that would come to town with not an overly demanding return match.

PC,

I'm not convinced that's true, and I think it becomes even less so now that we're in the Big 10. Big 8/Big XII was a football conference, with basketball being a distant second in many respects. I think the Big 10 has been a much stronger basketball conference for years. Even without Nebraska being known as a basketball school, I think the new conference will have some play into bringing teams in. They're working on it, which is better than it seems like they had been doing for a long time. I think bringing in someone specifically in the AD's office in charge of basketball was a big step in the right direction, and the fact that they're working this hard to improve the schedule tells me volumes about where Tom and Doc want to see men's basketball go. I don't think we have to think in terms of expecting or having a right to expect the better basketball schools to do a home-and-home. I think they (the people involved in the basketball scheduling for Nebraska) have a specific idea on who they're willing to do a home-and-home with, and whose school they'd be willing to do a one-off for.

It'll come, in time.

PC,

I'm not convinced that's true, and I think it becomes even less so now that we're in the Big 10. Big 8/Big XII was a football conference, with basketball being a distant second in many respects. I think the Big 10 has been a much stronger basketball conference for years. Even without Nebraska being known as a basketball school, I think the new conference will have some play into bringing teams in. They're working on it, which is better than it seems like they had been doing for a long time. I think bringing in someone specifically in the AD's office in charge of basketball was a big step in the right direction, and the fact that they're working this hard to improve the schedule tells me volumes about where Tom and Doc want to see men's basketball go. I don't think we have to think in terms of expecting or having a right to expect the better basketball schools to do a home-and-home. I think they (the people involved in the basketball scheduling for Nebraska) have a specific idea on who they're willing to do a home-and-home with, and whose school they'd be willing to do a one-off for.

It'll come, in time.

Yes it is true, next years schedule is light years ahead of what it has been in the past. However, you re-iterated my point. Boehm even said in the article relating to the scheduling said they want home and homes(at least 2-1) with the majority of the schools they enter talks with. Very few are exempt with Duke obviously being one of those schools. I see no shame doing a 1-fer with a powerhouse. I am just saying it will be a long time until we get to see a big time school in Lincoln.

And by the way the majority of the life of the Big XII, the basketball was stronger there than in the Big X.