Offense Progresses as Huskers Prepare for Opener

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205250543

The Huskers practiced for just over two hours on Thursday afternoon in helmets, jerseys and shorts outside on the Ed and Joyanne Gass grass practice fields. After practice, offensive coordinator Tim Beck and defensive coordinator Carl Pelini spoke to the media.

When asked why the players were wearing only helmets, Beck said that the offense was going trough certain situations and that it was a learning day for the squad.

"I just think it was a big teaching day for our guys. We just wanted to make sure we reviewed some certain situations," Beck said. "It was a little bit more of a mental day for our guys at this point. The tempo was still pretty good. The guys went out there and competed."

Beck commented on the progress of the offense as he goes into his first year as Nebraska's play caller.

"I'm pleased with our progress. Obviously we're not a finished product," Beck said. "I hope our best game is our last game as long as we continue to improve and get better. That's a good thing. That's our goal. We realize that, so I think our players understand that, so they go out there every day and they go to work and try and get better from the day before even if it's just one little thing. Today I thought we got better."

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205250543

The Huskers practiced for just over two hours on Thursday afternoon in helmets, jerseys and shorts outside on the Ed and Joyanne Gass grass practice fields. After practice, offensive coordinator Tim Beck and defensive coordinator Carl Pelini spoke to the media.

When asked why the players were wearing only helmets, Beck said that the offense was going trough certain situations and that it was a learning day for the squad.

"I just think it was a big teaching day for our guys. We just wanted to make sure we reviewed some certain situations," Beck said. "It was a little bit more of a mental day for our guys at this point. The tempo was still pretty good. The guys went out there and competed."

Beck commented on the progress of the offense as he goes into his first year as Nebraska's play caller.

"I'm pleased with our progress. Obviously we're not a finished product," Beck said. "I hope our best game is our last game as long as we continue to improve and get better. That's a good thing. That's our goal. We realize that, so I think our players understand that, so they go out there every day and they go to work and try and get better from the day before even if it's just one little thing. Today I thought we got better."

This speaks to what I really want to see this season, PROGRESS. Growing-pains have to be expected but we should be able to imporove over the course of the season.