Does the SEC Streak End this Year?

beanman

Given all the distractions as LSU and uncertainties with other SEC teams at key positions, it seems to me that if there were a year for someone else to step up and win the title, this could be the year. I have a feeling Oregon will take out LSU and that LSU will beat 'Bama. I just don't see any SEC teams being undefeated come December. Assuming a 1-loss SEC team makes it to the title game do you think OU, Oregon or someone else can get the job done this year? I wouldn't be surprised if the Huskers can get there. It would be nice to see someone else win it this year (unless it's Texas). Do you think this is the year?

Given all the distractions as LSU and uncertainties with other SEC teams at key positions, it seems to me that if there were a year for someone else to step up and win the title, this could be the year. I have a feeling Oregon will take out LSU and that LSU will beat 'Bama. I just don't see any SEC teams being undefeated come December. Assuming a 1-loss SEC team makes it to the title game do you think OU, Oregon or someone else can get the job done this year? I wouldn't be surprised if the Huskers can get there. It would be nice to see someone else win it this year (unless it's Texas). Do you think this is the year?

I am about 50/50 on whether someone from the SEC will win it. I don't think it will be Oklahoma, or maybe i just don't want it to be. I don't think that ANYONE will be undefeated this year, either. Would it surprise me to see Nebraska make it to the national title? no. Do I think they will make it there? no.

It won't be Oregon, unfortunately. :(

Stanford? No. Wisconsin? no. Florida State? ehhhhhh maybe, but pry not. Virginia Tech? depends who the opponent would be.

This year is definitely tough to call. OU is pry the favorite but yea SEC pry wins. I'm gunna say either Florida or South Carolina. :dumdum

It's hard to say. Alabama, Auburn, and Arkansas are all breaking in new QBs and LSU has off the field issues (also the toughest schedule in college football). Nobody out of the east really looks promising other than South Carolina.

I would say Oklahoma, but they always seem to find a way to slip up somewhere.

Oregon has to play LSU right off the bat and also has to travel to Palo Alto in a rematch with Andrew Luck.

It would be great if Nebraska made a run, but being an realist, I don't see us running the table in the Big Ten our first year and winning a title. That's a ridiculously tall task.

I hate to say it, but this could be a year that Boise State gets their shot at the title, and dare i say it.......Notre Dame might even be in the discussion.

Bottom line, I'll believe it when i see it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Huskers can get there. It would be nice to see someone else win it this year (unless it's Texas). Do you think this is the year?

It at least seems possible for us again this year -- it's hard to tell how things will play out in a new conference. I'm excited to see us have some bigger bodies in at linebacker again this year against the run, though Lavonte was astounding last year.

As for the SEC streak -- I'm still thinking it possible that the streak ends *last* year, after the paper/money trail for Newton is finally uncovered...