My night in Waco

Wow, what a day. My first Skers game in 2 years. One of my friends who goes to UNL now drove down here and we brought a couple "honorary" fans with us. After completing the 2 hour drive to Waco from my house we met yup with a few people we know that go to BU. We ate some Rudy's (Amazing BBQ place in Waco) and had a pretty good time with the Baylor fans. Around 5:30 we chugged a couple beers and headed down to the stadium. One word can describe the Big Red support in Waco last night... INCREDIBLE! We had half of one side of the stadium covered and I saw a pretty big patch of red on the other side as well. When the game was down at our side of the field it was almost like a home field advantage, and the players acknowledged it. They were constantly motioning for us to get up and make noise for them, and we were always more than happy to comply. I almost feel bad for the Baylor team because their crowd was never really in it with them. The student section seemed to be pretty into it but other than their second touchdown the place never really got it goin. After the game I loved having out team come over and sing the fight song with us and most of them gave us a little nod as if to say "thanks for the support". I didn't encounter any problems with Baylor fans, they're good people. After the game we went back to our car, shotgunned some beers, blasted Hells Bells through our car speakers and called it a night.