Highlights from Fresno State

SECHusker

I remember reading an article like a week ago about how Burkhead watched Barry Sanders tape from back in '88 against Nebraska and how he was trying to implement some of his moves. Well, he definitely did on those last few drives. It was fun to watch, because we've never really seen that kind of agility from him before.

The problem is he doesn't get the ball enough to show it...I mean on 4th and 1 and they run a quarterback keep? How often is it that Burkhead doesn't get at least a yard when he touches the ball? I hope to God they use more of the tailbacks down the road.

I remember reading an article like a week ago about how Burkhead watched Barry Sanders tape from back in '88 against Nebraska and how he was trying to implement some of his moves. Well, he definitely did on those last few drives. It was fun to watch, because we've never really seen that kind of agility from him before.

The problem is he doesn't get the ball enough to show it...I mean on 4th and 1 and they run a quarterback keep? How often is it that Burkhead doesn't get at least a yard when he touches the ball? I hope to God they use more of the tailbacks down the road.

The problem is bigger than who is carrying the ball.

Burkhead's first seven carries were as follows:

5 yards.

2 yards.

2 yards.

0 yards.

2 yards.

1 yard.

1 yard.

I don't mean that as a knock on Burkhead. I mean that it doesn't matter who totes the rock if the OL doesn't block.

• Fire 1