Last year around this time...

Cornfed

Going into the Washington game; we just had a sloppy game against the Idaho Vandals winning only 38-17. Then we walloped Washington 56-21 followed by a lackluster performance against South Dakota St. Bottom line is (IMO), we are 2 and 0 and have the whole season ahead of us and not a team on our schedule that we do not have the capability to beat. Will we? Not necessarily but don't automatically assume because of our unimpressive first couple of games that we can't. Last year we were up on the number 1 team (this year, Oklahoma) 17-0 in the B12 championship and had more than enough talent to win...

I know, there have been a lot of changes but let the season unfold before you start assuming losses. Come on Husker fans, get your swagger back! We're Nebraska football!

lol. Just trying to get the spirits up...

I'm only give you a hard time. :lol:

I agree with you. People get doom and gloom early. Besides, maybe this is a good thing? I think we started off the last two seasons pretty well only to screw up at key points. Maybe starting the season not as consistently as we would have hoped will mean we have a great season?

Anyways, the season is young! We have to remember that this is what we look forward to all year. Enjoy it!

lol. Just trying to get the spirits up...

I'm only give you a hard time. :lol:

I agree with you. People get doom and gloom early. Besides, maybe this is a good thing? I think we started off the last two seasons pretty well only to screw up at key points. Maybe starting the season not as consistently as we would have hoped will mean we have a great season?

Anyways, the season is young! We have to remember that this is what we look forward to all year. Enjoy it!

2010 = Strong start, lousy finish.

2011 = Lousy start, hopefully strong finish

I know it's not that simple, but being an optimist, i would like to think that with these two wake up calls on both offense and defense in the first two games, we will be able to learn from them and be stronger as a unit as the season progresses. The fact that the first 4 games of our season aren't particularly difficult will give us a good enough window to improve before Wisconsin and Ohio State. I have faith in Bo and the other coaches to get our miscues fixed in time for the big step up in competition.