How long until we offer Russell and Bullocks?

I know the coaches have plenty of receiving targets, but I wonder if they will let two receivers from their own backyard slip through. Bullocks and Russell from Lincoln both have decent size and speed. I'm afraid that by the time we know if bigtime targets like Ausberry will be N, that these two solid recievers will have grown tired of waiting and go somewhere else. Could come back to haunt us in the future (i.e. Jon Davis at Iowa State).

If you know we are in on better receivers, then why ask this question?

We currently will have man returning players at WR, plus Spain and Eloi if their grades come up.

When/If you offer two guys that are considered non-priorities at the moment, it will affect your recruiting in the wrong way. Say Bullock and Russell commit, then someone of the likes of Terrell Reese and Deleshaun Dean want to commit, what do you tell them?

It's all about priorities.

They may get offers, but no time soon.

dedhoarse Hello, have two cents that I would wish to share regarding the subject of Russell & Bullock, who both play for Lincoln North Star:

Bullock, as far as I can see has shown the ability to play well, and has the potential to be a very good receiver if given the proper coaching, which could or should happen in the package of the current receivers coach of UN, who has shown the abilitly to teach clean & proper routes to his receiving core.

Bullock (6-1, 184, 4.6) has great hands, far better than Russell's, and runs better routes, and is more aggressive, and is without a doubt their go to player, who has shown the ability to break big runs and catch big passes with the game on the line.

Russell in my mind has yet to show the ability to become anything special when it comes to receiving, and for him to be the one mentioned to receive a scholarship over Bullock is a shocker. Russell (6-4, 183, 4.6) simply has a long body - more of a receiver's built - but lacks on many other attributes of receiving. Russell is not football or mentally strong, and runs below average to ok routes.

Lincoln North Star vs. North Platte:

Bullock 7 catches for 174 yards (Lincoln North Star qb stats 11 out of 19 pass attempts for 242 yards).

Russell not listed

(Nathan Enderle for North Platte was 17 out of 29 pass attempts for 242 yards)

dedhoarse Hello, again. Do not get me wrong, because I am not writing to picking on Russell, because he may very well be a good college player, but to began the year on a scout recruiting page they gave Russell ***, and now he is a **, and if his #'s do not increase than he may end as a *, which is not bad since the great majority of high school football players are no *'s.

Again, I am not picking on him, but I do not think that KSU will give him a scholarship in the end, and yes, I know that they have offered, but they can (& I believe will) renign.

In the end, I believe he walks on at UN, because KSU (again, I believe) has to give their scholarships to immediate talent, and not on raw talent.

<_< Someone above said that UN missed out on Jon Davis, and that they would hate to see UN miss out on Bullock or Russell, but Davis at the time did not met the standard of UN WR's, because coming out of high school Davis was not strong enough or physical enough, and he seemed to lack the desire to block, therefore he did not met the standard of a UN receiver (at that time, of course).

Yet, I do think that the present staff (in hindsight of course), would have given Davis a late scholarship, since in high school he ran good routes, had good hands, descent speed, 6'-5" height, and (presently) meets their wr needs.

But, the difference between Davis & Russell is simply in technic, and the simple difference between Davis & Bullock is height.

Do you see them possibly Iowa bound. ISU? KSU? Has the Hawks or anyone else  offered them?

Russel in my opinion will end up at KSU. Bullocks..i would say probably walks on at Iowa

Both KSU and CSU offered the twins (that's what i call the duo), so now i expect them to both end up at Kansas St. They want to play together and possibly stay in the Big12, and with both having KSU offers, they have that chance.

dedhoarse Hello, one thing that troubles me is that possibly (or more so probably), in two years, KSU will start at:

qb - allan evridge (papio-lavista), who might drop back to pass against the blackshirts, & look toward his receiving corp of:

te - nate prater (omaha central),

wr - derrick russell (lincoln north star),

wr - tyler bullock (lincoln north star),

while being protected by:

rt - brad rooker (millard north), who's currently #2 at rt,

lg - derek meyer (campbell), who's currently #2 at lg.

(& KSU's defense will have mitch straub (waterloo), & mccardle (mill north) on it)

dedhoarse Hello, one thing that troubles me is that possibly (or more so probably), in two years, KSU will start at:

qb - allan evridge (papio-lavista), who might drop back to pass against the blackshirts, & look toward his receiving corp of:

te - nate prater (omaha central),

wr - derrick russell (lincoln north star),

wr - tyler bullock (lincoln north star),

while being protected by:

rt - brad rooker (millard north), who's currently #2 at rt,

lg - derek meyer (campbell), who's currently #2 at lg.

(& KSU's defense will have mitch straub (waterloo), & mccardle (mill north) on it)

KSU always gets our leftovers, that's not a new thing. KSU had a little nice run from 1998-2003, but now that run is over and the leftovers it's taking are nothing NU is losing sleep on.

The same could be said for Iowa St and Iowa, but NU isn't losing any sleep over those 2 either. We just need to recruit kids that fit the system and if a couple of those Nebraska kids who do not fit it go to other schools, then good luck to them